The Data Browser [Transaction SE16] in Netweaver is primarily a Development Tool and is not intended to be utilised as a general purpose table query tool for all users.
- Transaction SE16N is handled via Application Component -> CO-OM
- Table View Maintenance is handled via SE54/SM30 -> BC-CUS-TOL-TME
See the following important SAP notes regarding security issues: 1481950, 1133739 & 1434284
- Can be used however should be avoided if wanting to keep a variant for long periods of time
- Any user can change the 'fields for selection' of an SE16 selection screen possibly rendering a saved variant as redundant
- When a screen variant is saved in SE16, the field names are not recorded, just an index hence the above (see KBA 1603659 for reference)
- SE16 Selection Screen reports are automatically generated.
- They will have the Screen Number 1000
- The report naming convention is /1BCDWB/DBxxxx - where xxxx is the table name
- e.g. Table TSTC would have a Selection Screen report named /1BCDWB/DBTSTC
- Users should not modify an SE16 Selection Screen as they will lose their changes if another user regenerates the screen in SE16
- If a user has a problem with a table in SE16, one should try to regenerate the Selection Screen as a first move. Menu -> Table -> Generate Program
- See SAP Note 546797