The SCN wiki will not be available for new content submission starting September 11th 6PM CET until September 14th 6PM CET. Please plan your SCN wiki tasks accordingly.
The purpose of this post is to explain how to use multiple domains to pull Active Directory users in to Business, Planning and Consolidation (BPC), version 7.5 for Microsoft.
After verifying that both domains have a full trust relationship and that the BPCSYSADMIN service account has access to both domains, you can use BPC Server Manager to set up both domains for use in BPC.
Verify Domain trust and BPC Service Account Access:
Before you can add the 2nd domain to Server Manager, verify that the two domains have a full trust relationship, and that the BPCSYSADMIN service account has access to both domains.
Adding a second domain in BPC Server Manager:
- On The App Server, launch BPC Server Manager, then select Options > Define system user groups.
- In the System user group name field, enter a unique name for this group. This name will be displayed in the Add Users assistant in the Admin Console.
- In the Group description field, enter a meaningful description for the user group.
- From the Domain type field, select Active Directory.
- In the Domain Name field, enter the name of the fully qualified domain name. This must be a domain already set up by a system administrator. Remember to use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN), including the .com, org, or other.
- In the User group filter field, enter a filter that gets user names from the specified domain and server. You can use CN (Container Name) or OU (Organization Unit).
- Click Update to save your changes. You can now add users from both domains in the BPC Admin Console.