Alternative to this solution check out Welcome User Message in Web Ui.
1. Open Transaction BSP_WD_CMPWD
2. Open component CRMCMP_NAVBAR
3. Select Picture View (CRMCMP_NAVBAR/Picture) and Double-click to see the details on the right side.
4. Open the HTM File (Double-click on Picture.htm)
5. Insert the following Code...
...like displayed in this Screenshot. (Line 19; inside the first <div>)
6. Activate and Restart WebUI
7. This is how it will look like in Signature...
...and Serenity Layout.
Additional Stuff and Troubleshooting:
- You can play around with colors and positions.
- You can play around with special cases - Example: show "bold red color" in Productive System. etc...
Use this Demo Code...
DATA: lv_mytext type string.
...for different colors in DEV / TEST / PROD System. There is also additional Space for Sy-Variables in the Tooltip and
>>THE KILLER FEATURE<<: A direct Link to SAP CRM WebUi Forum Search... You have to add the code like described in (5).
- In Serenity there is a problem with the collapse Navbar since we are influencing the <p> tag
- If you can't see the new Texts - check the position of your coding in (5) and follow (6).
- If your breakpoint is not working - check that you have used an external breakpoint and try to choose another (Standard) Layout.
Note From Carsten Kasper in the original Thread:
- You can modify the .htm page without any hassles, but be aware that your changes might be overwritten with the next service pack.