Its very often that your user compains about certain applications not working properly from his computer, it is very likely that Browser settings could be a reason for that.
1. In MS Internet Explorer, choose Tools Internet Options.
2. In the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box, select either the Internet or Intranet icon, depending on your configuration.
a. Click the Custom Level button.
b. In the displayed Security Settings dialog box, make sure the Enable radio button is selected for the following options:
-Cookies Allow per-session cookies (not stored)
-Scripting Active scripting
-Scripting Scripting of Java applets
c. Click OK to return to the Internet Options dialog box.
3. In the Advanced tab:
a. HTTP 1.1 settings:
-Select Use HTTP 1.1 and Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections
-Optionally, clear Show friendly HTTP error messages
4. Caching recommendation:
a. Click the General tab.
b. In the Temporary Internet Files frame, click Settings.
c. For the parameter Check for newer versions of stored pages, select Every time you start Internet Explorer.
d. Click OK.
5. Save your settings and close the Internet Options dialog box by clicking OK.
Pop-up Blocking for portal should be disabled in both, IE settings as well as other Browser tool bars. It is also possible to add your portal to a list of allowed sites, in which case the portal is not affected by the pop-up blocker.
We also found that there was more to do in order to work with CRM Business Packages, particularly CRM WebIC components exposed via Portal. The following settings were made in the Security Settings area:
- ENABLE access data sources across domains
- ENABLE allow scripting of Internet Explorer Web Browser Control
- ENABLE allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints
- ENABLE navigate sub-frames across different domains
- ENABLE Launching programs and files in an IFRAME
- ENABLE Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0