SAP Enterprise Portal translating the following text type.
Texts of portal objects (iViews, pages, worksets, roles, systems, etc.)
The translation process is to be done by two tools that can be called from the content administration role. Choose Content Administration ->Portal content translation->Translation Worklist Coordination or Worklist Translation. These tools are used to coordinate and to translate translation worklists.
1) Translation Worklist Coordination
a) Creating Worklists and add content
b) Generate Translation data
d) Release for translation
e) Displaying the Status of a Worklist
2) Worklist Translation
a)Search worklist and define source and target languages
b)Load worklist for translation
d)Mark worklist as translated
e) Publish Translation
Step by Step Procedure:-
1) Create Transport Packages and Fill the Transport Package with Contents.
2) Afer filling the content, select Language Transport on the Static Package Content screen using the dropdown list.
3) Select the languages to be exported
4) under category Export Settings in the package Property Editor, is set to "textonly".
5) Choose Export. The export preview is displayed.
6) Perform the import as described in Importing EPA Archives.
7) choose Content Administration->Portal content Translation ->Translation Worklist Coordination.
8) Right-click a portal content folder and choose New--> Translation Worklist.
9) enter the following:
a)Translation Worklist Name: Name of the worklist
b) Translation Worklist ID: ID of the worklist
c) Master Language: Master language
10) Choose Next.
11) the Summary page, check the entries you made and choose Finish.
12) Open the object for editing
13) In the Portal Catalog, click on individual objects whose text parts you want to add to the worklist. With the secondary mouse button, choose Add <Object> to Translation Worklist
14) Generate the translation data
15) Release the worklist for translation
16) Choose Content Administration>Portal content translation ->Worklist Translation.
17) Find a worklist by entering an ID or with a generic search.
18) When you select a worklist, the following statistical data is displayed:
a)Status, for example "Released for Translation"
b)Last Changed By
c)Last Changed At
19) Define the source and target languages.
20) Choose Load for Translation.
21) A list of all translated text strings is displayed, sorted in increasing order by number. You can now translate the texts. See also Translating Texts.
22) Choose Content Administration>Portal content Translation->Worklist Translation.
23) Find the worklist, select it, and choose Mark as Translated.
24) Choose Publish Translation.
The texts are imported to the database