SAP Transaction iView - Transfering code page parameters to start SAP GUI
SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SP10
Author: Ido Fishler
How to use
In new EP versions there is a parameter on the SAP Transaction iView that allows you to concatenate these values named:
"Additional parameters to start SAP GUI". It's a property on the iView under the category "Content - Transaction"
To add more than one parameter you will need to separate the values with " /" (space and then slash).
For example: UPDOWNLOAD_CP=8000 /SOMETHING_ELSE=2000.
Great, What should I do if I've got an older portal version?
If you have an older portal version there is a workaround you can use:
1. Download the par – "com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap"
2. Unpack it and find the file – "WinGuiRenderLayer.properties"
3. In this file you need to make some changes:
4.In line #44 - after:
You can add (inside the brackets) your parameter separated by " /" (space and slash)
-gui="<ConnectionString><ConnectionParams> /UPDOWNLOAD_CP=????"... (line continues...)
5. Do the same in line #51 after
6. Make sure you don't delete anything – just adding.
7. Save and redeploy the PAR file (using the archive uploader).
This workaround is NOT upgrade safe. Any deployment of a new PAR/SDA might override your changes. Therefore, this workaround is not recommended and not supported by SAP – use it with care.
For further details on applicable parameters to start SAP GUI please see SAP Note 390832 ‘Additional parameters for SAP GUI call’ and 1073779 ‘setting the Frontend Up-/Download Codepage’.