The SCN wiki will not be available for new content submission starting September 11th 6PM CET until September 14th 6PM CET. Please plan your SCN wiki tasks accordingly.
This content was created to clarify the customizing of settlement of internal orders.
All the costs of an internal order can be allocated to one or more receivers, this can be done by individual orders (KO88) or collective group of orders (KO8G).
Reason: Analysis of costs for one job (Example: marketing campaign, production order), settlement serves to post the costs from the job to the responsible objects.
Statistical orders cannot be settled.
To create a settlement rule you must define a settlement profile and assign it to the order type (KOT2). Each Internal order has an order type
In the settlement profile you define parameters such as receivers, valid receivers and default values. You can check the settlement profile in transaction OKO7.
To create the rules you can go to KO02, enter the order and then click on settlement rule.
Each line of the distribution rule specifies the percentage, equivalence number or amount of the orders costs to be settled to a particular receiver.
You can't create a rule containing both an amount as well as an equivalence number or a percentage,
if you need to change or delete a rule you need to reverse all the settlements that used this rule.
There is two settlement types :
- PER : Settles the cost of the period specified
- FUL : Settles all the costs of the sender object until the period specified
Double-click on the line to check all the valid receivers, to maintain the valid receivers go to transaction OKO7.
You can use Valid-from period to limit the validity of a distribution rule.
After you save it the system status of the order will have SETC status.
The Allocation structure allows you to define which cost elements should be settled using a settlement cost element or the original cost element.
- Settlement Assignment
- Source : You can specify a range of cost elements or a cost element group for a settlement assignment in transaction OKO6. If you execute a settlement and the sender object contains a cost element that is not on the source of any assignment you will receive error KD503 (Complete allocation structure).
- Settlement Cost Element : Each settlement cost element must belong to one of the following categories:
-> Internal settlement: Cost element category 21 (secondary).
-> External settlement: Cost element category 22 (primary).
The Receiver category specifies the object type for the settlement receiver.
To analyze a settlement you can use the tool Flow Trace. To active it go to KO88/KO8G, Extras -> Activate Flow trace.
This will show exactly what’s happening in the settlement :
- Settlement Profile
- Allocation Structure
- Distribution Rule
- Costs/revenues read-
- Distribute costs/revenues to the receivers
COBRA : Settlement Rule for Order Settlement
COBRB : Settlement Rules (especially ERSJA, ERSPE, LETJA, LETPE)
AUAK : Settlement documents
- AUAK Settlement document header
- AUAV Settlement transactions
- AUAA Sender and receivers
- AUAS Settled costs
COSS, COSP, COSL, COSB : costs posted to the object
COEP : Lines items posted to the object
COSSD, COSPD, COSLD, COSBD : Settled Amount
JEST, JCDS : System status and change documents