Setting up the FI Validations
You can use additional validation to supplement the existing SAP logic to fit you into your business needs.
For e.g. to allow postings from company code "0001" to business area "1000" only.
I) Maintain Validation
1. Go to GGB0 - To maintain the validations
a) Select Application Area - SAP module e.g. FI
b) Select Calling Point - Dependent upon the application area that is selected.
- 0001 - Document Header - validate enteries at document header, e.g BKPF table
- 0002 - Line Items - check line item entris within a document, e.g. BSEG table
- 0003 - Complete Document - check settings for the whole documents.
In this case, can take "002"
c) Validation - Enter a validation name e.g. VBUS and save
2) Give the prerequisite
Click on VBUS, click on create step and click on Validation step 001
Allowed company code '0001' to post to business area `1000' only. 'FI00' checks that line item is from FI.
If checks failed, the error message number 14 is displayed to stop the transaction.
Click on prerequisite and Enter the following
<BSEG> $BUKRS = '0001' AND
<BKPF> $GLVOR = 'FI00'
3) Check for Business area
Click on check and enter the following
<BSEG> $GSBER = '1000'
4) Give Message
Type E No. 14 - Business Area not allowed for company 0001
Output fields 1 - BSEG - GSBER 2 - BSEG - BUKRS
3 - 4
II. Define Validations for Posting
Go to OB28 and give the following
CC CallPnt Validation Description Activtn Level
0001 2 VBUS Business Area Validation 1
Activtn Level - 0 - Not Active 1 - Activated 2 - Activated for all except batch inputGGB4 - Manage the activation of all validations in the SAP system.
III. Message Control for Warnings or Error
In FI, message type control are restricted. Restricted message type are control to avoid any inconsistency of accounting entries.
- Select the application area
- Select Edit -> New entries
- Type in the following :
- Message number - By pressing the F4 key on the MsgNo field you can find out which messages are available.
- User name - If you enter a name here then the specifications only apply to this particular user. If you enter "blank", then the settings apply to all users within the client.
- Message type - You can find out the permitted message type by selecting F4 on the Online or Batch fields.
- Save your entries.