The SCN wiki will not be available for new content submission starting September 4th 6PM CET until September 7th 6PM CET. Please plan your SCN wiki tasks accordingly.
What is Payroll Cluster?
Payroll cluster enables you to view all the payroll related information for an employee at a single place. The information like, in which payroll cycle the employee lies, what is the run date and run time for a particular payroll, which is the active payroll, is quite easy to retrieve using payroll cluster.
What are Payroll Cluster Tables?
Payroll Cluster tables combine the data from several tables with same Keys into one record on the database.
- Data is written to a database in compressed form.
- Retrieval of data is very fast with the help of Primary Key.
- Payroll Cluster tables are defined in the data dictionary as transparent tables.
- External programs can NOT interpret the data in a cluster table.
- Special language elements EXPORT TO DATABASE, IMPORT TO DATABASE and DELETEFROM DATABASE are used to process data in the cluster tables.
Payroll Cluster Tables in SAP are:
PCL1 - Database for HR work area; (long text, etc)
PCL2 - Accounting Results (time, travel expense and payroll); (payroll results)
PCL3 - Applicant tracking data;
PCL4 - Documents, Payroll year-end Tax data (change logs, etc)
Management of PCLn Database Tables
- PCLn database tables are divided into subareas known as data clusters.
- Data Clusters are identified by a two-character code. E.g. RU for US payroll result, B2 fortime evaluation result, LA for change logs.
- Each HR subarea has its own cluster.
- Each subarea has its own key.
Data Clusters in PCL1 Tables.
- B1 time events/PDC
- G1 group incentive wages
- D1 Interfaces to devises
- L1 individual incentive wages
- LL individual incentive wages
- NS N Shift heavy work.
- PC personal calendar
- TE travel expenses/payroll results
- TS travel expenses/master data
- TX info type texts
- TA General Data for Travel Expense
- TC Credit card data
Data Clusters in PCL2 Tables.
- B2 time accounting results
- CD cluster directory of the CD manager
- PS generated schemas
- PT texts for generated schemas
- RX payroll accounting results/international
- Rn payroll accounting results/country-specific ( n = HR country indicator RU for US payroll result)
- ZL personal work schedule
Data Clusters in PCL3 Tables.
- AP action log / time schedule
- TY texts for applicant data info types
- AN Notepad for Actions
- AL Letters for Actions
Data Clusters in PCL4 Tables.
- LA change logs (long term documents)
- LB change logs for Application Master
- P1 Layout for log
- PR Logging of report
- QT Simulations of Info types 0000,0014,0015,0416.
- SA Short-Term Documents for HR Master Data
- SB Short-Term Documents for Applicant Master
Display Payroll Results Screen.
The transaction PC00_M08_CLSTR is used to navigate to the payroll cluster or Display payroll results screen.
The Display payroll results screen is divided into split task pane windows.
The selected personnel numbers will be displayed in the left pane
Employee's name and the records for different payroll period results will be displayed in the right pane. The most current payroll period will be highlighted.
To view the results for an employee, double click on the desired personnel number. The green indicator in front of each name indicates results exist for the employee. If you have a red indicator it means no results exist for the employee. Diamond indicates that you have no authorization to display that personnel number details.
In the right task pane, you can view all payrolls existing for the employee selected. The status indicates the type of payroll result:
Other items that can be viewed from this screen include the payment date, for-period and in-period, start and end date of the payroll, etc.
When you click on a particular record in the right pane for the selected employee, you will get the below shown screen.
It displays the data clusters related to particular employee.
WPBP Table (Work Center/Basic Pay)
On Double Click it will navigate to Basic Pay Payroll Results for a particular employee.
RT Table (Result Table)
The wage types listed in the RT reflect gross, net calculations, benefit transactions, garnishment transactions, etc.
There are two types of View
- Expanded View
- Collapsed View
On Double Click on RT It will navigate to the expanded View
On Double Click on RT It will navigate to the collapsed View
The Next table is the Cumulative Results Table (CRT) which contains Table CRT contains the cumulations of wage types in table RT over a certain time period.
On Double Click on BT It will navigate to the Bank Transactions
Every entry in the Bank Transactions table (BT) of an employee, corresponds to a payment that was created in a payroll period for this employee. However, the employee is not necessarily the payment recipient of all payments.
On Double Click on Version it will navigate to version Tables
Table VERSION contains creation data for the payroll result, for example the Release and payroll program.
Version table is a field string of information related to the creation of the payroll result. It identifies who created the payroll results, when the payroll results were created, and which schema and release was used.
On Double Click on PCL2 It will navigate to change access of payroll result
Table PCL2 contains information about the last change access to a payroll result.
This table stores key information about the payroll status. It tells you the payroll run date, payroll run time, check date, off-cycle reason if applicable, voided check or reversal indicator if applicable, etc.
The Next table is the TAX (Employee Tax details table).
Table VERSC contains organizational information about the payroll result.
Function Module for Retrieving data from Payroll Cluster Tables
Call Function Module PYXX_GET_RELID_FROM_PERNR to get the area identifier for cluster in tables PCLx .
CALL FUNCTION 'PYXX_GET_RELID_FROM_PERNR'
employee = pernr
relid = relid
molga = molga
where relid is Area Cluster Identifier
molga is Country Grouping
Call Function Module CU_READ_RGDIR Passing the Values of molga(Country Grouping from previos Function module)
CALL FUNCTION 'CU_READ_RGDIR'
persnr = pernr
molga = molga
in_rgdir = in_rgdir
where in_rgdir contains cluster Directory (For Export and Import of Payroll Results)
Call Function Module CD_READ_LAST for Reading the RGDIR directory with latest valid record
CALL FUNCTION 'CD_READ_LAST'
begin_date = pnpbegda
end_date = pnpendda
out_seqnr = out_seqnr
rgdir = rgdir
where pnpbegda is the Latest Begin date
pnpendda is the Latest End date
out_seqnr is the sequence number
* *rgdir contains Cluster Directory
Call Function Module to retrieve Payroll Results PYXX_READ_PAYROLL_RESULT
CALL FUNCTION 'PYXX_READ_PAYROLL_RESULT'
clusterid = g_relid "'RM'
employeenumber = pernr-pernr
sequencenumber = g_seqnr
payroll_result = it_result
The Payroll Results are collected in Internal Table It_Result.