A Customer Requirement is a requirement that is derived from a sales order, quotation, or service order and to which details on the anticipated availability date of products required to fulfill the requirement may be added. It contains the quantities of products required at specific dates as well as information about which products will be available or delivered in which quantities at which dates.
The Customer Requirement business object, as the only business object contained in the Customer Requirement Processing process component, produces customer requirement information based on a sales order, quotation, or service order generated in the relevant sales-related process component. It then reports back to the client process component on the planning results.
The Customer Requirement business object thereby comprises two key elements: A requirement containing the quantities of the specific products required and the dates at which they are required, and a confirmation, based on planning results, of the available quantities of the products or suitable substitute products, the location in which they are available, and the dates on which they are available. The requirement aspect of the business object actually generates a customer requirement from a request to fulfill an order. The main role of the confirmation aspect is to inform of any changes in the availability of the products requested in the requirement. In addition, it can confirm either the complete or partial fulfillment of a customer requirement.
By enabling companies to determine realistic delivery dates for orders, the Customer Requirement business object helps to improve due date performance as well as reduce inventory levels and lead times.
To use the operations of this business object, you must use the Global Available-to-Promise (SCM-APO-ATP) application component.
Enterprise Service Operations
- Create Customer Requirement External Request Item
- Change Customer Requirement External Request Item
- Cancel Customer Requirement External Request Item
- Create Customer Requirement Availability Confirmation Item
- Change Customer Requirement Availability Confirmation Item
- Cancel Customer Requirement Availability Confirmation Item
- Create Customer Requirement
- Read Customer Requirement
- Change Customer Requirement
- Cancel Customer Requirement
- Find Availability Confirmation Item By External Request Item ID