What is JMX?
- JMX stands for Java Management Extension.
- JMX is an architecture for building manageable java applications.
- JMX is a design patterns suitable for building distributed, Web-based, modular and dynamic solutions.
- JMX is set of APIs suitable for adapting legacy systems, implementing new management and monitoring solutions, and plugging into those of the future.
- JMX provides services for managing and monitoring devices, applications, and service-driven networks.
What is application manageability?
Managing a component means having
- start & stop
- removing or adding a component to an application
- changing configuration
- performing some operation (backup, import settings etc.)
- and so on,
What are the advantages of using JMX?
Thorough JMX, application components exposes standardized interfaces for management functionality.
A JMX Agent provides set of predefined services, defined by the JMX specification. It enables local or remote manageability of management functionalities to the system administrator.
SAP NetWeaver Java Application Server is based on JMX architecture.