Steps that are required to integrate MDM with a SAP Remote System
The various steps below are needed to make a integration between ERP/CRM/SRM, PI and MDM. These are not the universal steps and can be modified.
- Activation of Standard Business Content.
- SAP ERP/CRM/SRM - SAP PI integration settings.
- SAP PI - SAP MDM integration settings.
- Creation / Import of source Structure and Target Structure.
- Extraction of Check Table Data, e.g. using MDMGX
- Extraction of Main Table Data, e.g. using MDM_CLNT_EXTR
- Conversion of IDOC to XML (usually done by SAP PI)
- Import of Check Table and Main Table Data in MDM.
- Setting up matching strategy for de-duplication
- Running a matching strategy.
- Duplicate record merging.
- Data enrichment.
- Syndication of Consolidated Master records by MDM.
- Conversion of XML to IDOC-Posting (usually done by SAP PI)
- Check and use consolidated Record in SAP System.
The steps are applicable if we are dealing with some specific Master Data object like vendor, customer, and so on, and by doing all these we are making the Consolidation and Harmonization of Master Data which is coming from ECC and PI as a Middleware and operated at MDM.