The SCN wiki will not be available for new content submission starting September 4th 6PM CET until September 7th 6PM CET. Please plan your SCN wiki tasks accordingly.
Process Design Slam Concept
Feedback on the events
Process Design Slam TechEd Vienna Event Planning Framework
The goal is to prove that a geographically dispersed collaboration team can create an AGILE solution to a business challenge when the right resources are available: human and technical
The selected process
The process is: Automating business processes related to forming virtual community-based power plant made up of resident's personal solar wind generation.
The idea is to describe a process that allows a homeowner or business to come online as a micro generator within a township and the various steps (human and automated) that are required. Sustainability gets better over time, the more neighborhoods choose to generate power from green sources to supply the very power this neighborhood consumes - and in pretty much the same timeframe. This also reduces the losses of transporting power over longer distances. Thus, power companies will more and more become brokers, and less actual suppliers of power.
Process Design Slam Current Status
Recording from last Telefon conference (15/09/2009)
Recording of Discussion of Virtual Power Plant Scenario
Minutes from Telefon Conference (10/09/2009)
On this call, there was a detailed description from Marc Rosson Enterprise Architect / Information Technology Services at Snohomish County PUD. Topics of the conversation included: MicroGrid, Autosectionalizing.
- Who is the Billing Entity?
- Are we speaking of a single entity in Micro Grid or are an aggregate?
- Who gets the cash?
- How is aggregation talking to all?
- Standards are missing?
- Is storage important?
Two sides of Smart Grid
- Smart Meter AMI
- Self-Healing Grid w/ autosectionalizing distributing utility
- Process selected
- Initial BPM models in different environments have been created
How can you stay in the loop, do the following to be part of the conversation:
1. Join the ongoing discussion about this project in twitter. Add the following tags to any tweets about this project: #BPXslam09 #sapteched09
2. Follow the discusson so far on twitter: BPX Design Slam Twitter Feeds
3. Set a "Watch" on each of the pages for this project by clicking the envelope graphic in the upper right hand corner.
Process Design Slam Participants/Judges/Observers
Process Design Slam Locations, Dates, Times