The SCN wiki will not be available for new content submission starting September 4th 6PM CET until September 7th 6PM CET. Please plan your SCN wiki tasks accordingly.
SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning (SAP MAP)
A new Dimension for Dynamic Planning
Today most retailers are facing increased competition from new challenges in the marketplace. Therefore, in the last few years, planning has gained more and more importance which has led to an immense increase in complexity. A flexible and integrated planning system is essential for success.
SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning (SAP MAP) delivers a fully integrated retail planning solution to bring together comprehensive real-time performance metrics with powerful planning and simulation capabilities. The solution, integrated with SAP NetWeaver BI (Business Intelligence), offers many planning functionalities, analysis and reporting options, for seasonal and non seasonal retailers. SAP MAP leverages BI-IP (Integrated Planning) with all planning and reporting services and capabilities. The continous cooperation between planning and reporting on different company levels and the inclusion of factors from different business areas makes it possible to analyze the current situation of the company and define the right procedures and goals for the future.
SAP MAP helps to determine the right product mix, to present localized, shopper-centric assortments that attract your customers. To do so, SAP MAP includes powerful and intuitive functions for defining styles, colors and prepacks, applying size curves and integrating product images for enhanced visibility in espacially seasonal assortment planning. For non-seasonal assortment planning, plans can be integrated with a shelf optimization system to help ensure the right products are placed on the right shelves. SAP MAP extends beyond the four key planning areas - strategic, location, merchandise, and assortment planning - to integrate with markdown planning, shelf optimization, style management, purchasing, and allocation functions. By connecting these planning and execution processes, it puts you in an ideal position to maximize profits and adapt quickly to changing market conditions.
SAP MAP offers prebuild Best Business Practice Templates to support two planning approaches: Retail Method of Accounting (RMA) and Cost Method of Accounting (CMA). The content for Assortment Planning distinguishes between Templates for Seasonal (Fashion) and non-seasonal Merchandise. SAP MAP contains applications like Assortment definition (to cluster stores), Master Data Planning (e.g. to create styles, colors or single articles) and MAP Release Workbench (to integrate to ERP and Shelf Optimization Program). SAP MAP offers service enable integration to Shelf optimization and ERP. SAP MAP supports Slow Seller Management and OTB (Open to Buy) Integration.
SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning on BPX - We welcome your input!!!
We're using this wiki on BPX as a platform where you can collect and provide information on SAP MAP so that you can begin taking advantage of the solution. Whether you are looking into designing business processes, implementing SAP MAP, custom development or uptimizing runtime, you will find that this page bundles information from the standards documentation (SAP Help Portal), to release dependent information from the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP), articles, blogs or how-to guides.
Although this page is primarily aimed at business and technical experts in the IT departments of customers, consulting houses, and partners, don't shy away if you are an SAP MAP newbie. It is also the ideal starting point for you because not only will you be able to find background information and overview documentation on SAP MAP, but a consultant qualification curriculum that will help you find the right training courses and e-learnings to help you prepare for an SAP MAP implementation project.
For our expert users, it is also a great resource if you want detailed and direct access to a specific topic. If you have expert knowledge you want to disseminate, please check out the Trading Industries forum or contribute with a blog or article or write somethin in this wiki. It's you who makes the BPX community thrive. We welcome your input!
Note: For brevity, the SAP Service Marketplace will be referred to as SMP. Special login details are required to access documents on SMP. To request a user, please follow this link.
Getting Started with SAP MAP
Qualification - SAP MAP Curriculum
The SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning Curriculum helps you to find the right coursework and self-study training to prepare you for your SAP MAP implementation projects. It takes into account different levels of expertise and shows you the recommended order of study. Armed with the basic SAP MAP knowledge competency level 1, you can start implementing this knowledge in a customer project when shadowed or coached by an experrienced SAP MAP consultant. With increasing implementation knowledge, additional knowledge on some more elaborate MAP topics or possibly some more technical topics, you will reach the SAP MAP competency levels 2 and 3.
SAP MAP - Features, Capabilities & Best Practices
SAP MAP - Run time Optimization
- SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning on BW Integrated Planning: Best Practice Guide for Performance Tuning. This document summarizes the lessons learned and provides guidance for best practices in SAP MAP implementations. For the most part, these recommendations are not specific to SAP MAP and apply to any Integrated Planning implementation project.
- Connectivity Kits - Connectivity Kits support the integration of customer IT systems and SAP products using enterprise services in the context of an end-to-end business scenario as pre-defined by the business process expert.
- Merchandise and Assortment Planning Integration - The MAP to ERP integration scenario is based on SAP's planning solution SAP MAP on SAP NetWeaver BI using enterprise services. This connectivity kit contains descriptive content and relates this to the necessary functional content.
- Planning to Shelf Optimization Integration - The Planning to Shelf Optimization integration is based on SAP's planning solution SAP MAP on SAP NetWeaver BI using enterprise services. This connectivity kit contains descriptive content and relates this to the necessary functional content.
- Enterprise Service Bundles
- Merchandise and Assortment Planning Integration - This bundle provides retailers with enterprise services to facilitate the transfer of assortment planning data and master data created during the planning process. From the planning application SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning to the core retail execution system SAP ERP, or from a third-party planning-system to SAP ERP, or from SAP MAP to a third-party ERP system. This ES bundle is designed to handle assortment planning for fashion and for non-fashion merchandise.
- Planning to Shelf Optimization Integration - This bundle provides retail operations with a service-enabled interface between SAP Merchandise Assortment Planning and third-party shelf optimization programs (SOP).
- Configuration Guide MAP Integration
- Configuration Guide MAP Integration Release 2.0, March 2008 (SMP credentials required) - This configuration guide describes the steps necessary to successfully integrate SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning solution. It describes the sequence of steps that are required to configure XI to receive the MAP service messaages from BI, the text framework, or shelf optimization programs (SOP).
SAP MAP Release Workbench
The SAP MAP Release Workbench provides capabilities to monitor planning data and master data created during planning in SAP BI, release it and transfer this data to operative applications.
- How to use SAP MAP Release Workbench Functionality (SMP credentials required) - The main purpose of this document is to describe the different available message types within the Release Workbench application, either release assortment plans from MAP to either the Layout (non-seasonal merchandise), or create an assortment list in OAPC (seasonal merchandise). For each message type it is described what information is going to be released, what release methods can be used and what Badi implementations are available to modify the information to be transferred. Besides this the document offers general information about configuration and use of the Release Workbench.
Run SAP for Retail - Best Practices for Solution Operation
For retailer's global end-to-end solutions with typically high data volumes, an optimized operational concept is key for lowering operating costs, proactively avoiding incidents, ensuring a stable system performance and enabling growth and innovation. "Run SAP for Retail" provides Best Practices for Solution Operations helping you to set up an operational concept for Retail solutions like SAP MAP. Find more information on "Run SAP for Retail" on our "Run SAP for Retail" Wiki page.
- Manage Operations for SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning: (SMP credentials required)
This Best Practice helps you to set up a Business Process Monitoring and error handling concept for your business process SAP Merchandise and Assortment Planning (SAP MAP).
Maintenance and Availability
- Product Availability Matrix (PAM) (SMP logon credentials required)- The Product Availability Matrix bundles technical and release planning information on SAP components for quick reference. You will find information on the availability of SAP component releases (product versions), maintenance end dates and upgrade paths, as well as technical release information (DB-platforms, JSE-platforms, operating systems etc.).
- SAP for Retail Business Suite 2007 Master Guide (SMP logon credentials required)- This SAP for Retail Master Guide provides a central starting point for the technical implementation of business scenarios of SAP for Retail. It contains lins to all other installation, upgrade or configuration guides.
- Solution Configuration Guide - The Solution Configuration is available in Solution Manager (SMP logon credentials required), a platform that provides the integrated content, tools, and methodologies to implement, support, operate and monitor your enterprise solutions from SAP. The implementation of Solution Manager for ramp-up projects is mandatory. SAP Note 629829 contains further information about downloading and importing the content updates into your SAP Solution Manager.
- SAP Security Guides - These documents describe the settings for security levels.
- Online documentation for Assortment Definition, Release Workbench, Budget Monitor, Slow Seller Management (for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, BI Content Add-on 3 SP 09) or choose in http://help.sap.com/ SAP NetWeaver ->BI Content and select the release/language. A new page opens. Choose Planning Content -> Retail Analytics and select Merchandise and Assortment Planning.
- Online documentation for OAPC (Operational Assortment Planning and Control) based on SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP ERP 6.0.
- Online documentation for OTB (Opent-to-Buy) based on SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP ERP 6.0.
- Online documentation for SAP MAP Templates - both for Business Planning and Simulation Technology and Integrated Planning.