This is the home page of ALE and IDoc technology.
- Step by Step procedure for creation of IDOC: presentation of IDocs and ALE
- ALE,IDOC: a short introduction to ALE and EDI, followed by a FAQ about IDocs
- SAP library - IDoc / ALE
- SAP library - IDoc Structure Terms (Basic Type, Extension, IDoc Type, Segment Type and Segment Definition, Customer Extensions, SAP and Customer Developments, Version Creation and Release Procedure, Namespaces)
- SAP library - Extending an IDoc Type
- SAP library - Defining and using a Basic Type
- SAP library - Integration between BAPIs and ALE
- SAP library - Maintaining BAPI-ALE Interfaces: create automatically IDoc Type from BAPI using BDBG transaction
- SAP library - Generating ALE Interfaces from Complex Data Types: create automatically IDoc Type from function module using BDFG transaction
- SDN blog - Some Experience on IDoc Enhancement: example which shows how to add 2 custom fields to IDoc inbound processing (in an LSMW context). It uses an IDoc extension, with a new custom segment of 2 fields, and implements IDoc inbound processing using EXIT_SAPL1001_003 function module (MGV00003 enhancement). There are screen captures.
- SDN blog - Troubleshooting of ALE Process: explains what abap code is executed when an outbound IDoc is generated (either message control, or direct path, or change pointer = BD21/RBDMIDOC), and how to find the function module called for processing inbound IDocs. It also explains what to check if data is not received in a system, or an IDoc is in waiting status (+ tRFC errors, how to resend an IDoc, etc.) There are a few screen captures.
- SAP library - Testing IDoc Processing: WE19 (test tool), WE14
- SAP library - Implementing Outbound Processing: using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE (there is an example program)
- SDN wiki - Process Of idoc creation: general principles of Generating outbound IDoc by program
- SDN wiki - Abap code snippet for triggering an existing IDOC through BADI: shows the methodology used to enhance standard, to generate and send an outbound IDoc using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE when saving a notification type (IW21), how to find whether a BAdI exists, what ABAP to send IDoc
- SDN wiki - ABAP Program To Generate IDoc: another ABAP code snippet to generate and send an outbound IDoc using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE (custom IDoc type here, but that would be the same with a standard one)
- Implementation (concepts)
- SAP library - Concepts: inbound and outbound processing, status processing, exception handling, ports, partners
- SAP library - ALE
- SDN blog - ALE Scenario Development Guide: creating a custom IDoc message from scratch up to distribution customizing, and custom program to send the IDoc using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. Transactions WE30, WE81, WE82, BD69, BD59, BD64, BD71, WE20, WE57, BD51, WE42.
- SDN wiki - 7 Steps For ALE Configuration: step by step on an almost vanilla system, to distribute a custom message type from client 105 to client 800 (SU01, SM59, BD64, WE21, WE20, WE81, WE82). On a vanilla system, SCC4 and BD54 should be shown for defining logical systems.
- SDN wiki - Administration of ALE Functions: BD87. I have the feeling that it originates from some pages of the official SAP training support, that would be welcome to rewrite it from scratch! List of IDoc status (inbound and outbound)
- SDN wiki - ALE Configuration: setup ALE distribution on a vanilla system with 2 clients; example with material IDocs. This is a draft document, it needs to be rewritten. There are no screen captures, some transaction codes are not given (BD54, SCC4, BD64, etc.)
- SDN wiki - Custom Idoc Transfering from One application server into Another application server: demonstrates Sending and Receiving of IDocs (brand new IDoc type) on a vanilla system
- SDN wiki - Outbound Idocs by ALE: how to create custom message + customizing + send this idoc. There is also a list of all ALE/IDoc transactions
- SDN wiki - Basic Data exchange set up for ALE IDocs: defining RFC destination, partner profile, port. There are screen captures. Last part is about SMOEAC transaction for site subscription in CRM
- SDN blog - HR master data distribution made easy
Main transactions and tables
- SDN wiki - ALE Related Transactions and Tables: list of main transactions and tables
- SDN wiki - ALE- DDIC tables that are reflected with respect to Partner Profiles: list of tables (EDP*) for partner profiles (WE20 transaction)
- SDN wiki - Commonly Used Transactions for EDI Support: list of main IDoc transactions + some SD transactions not related to IDoc
- SDN wiki - idoc sender settings only links to List of important Transaction codes to create IDocs
- SDN wiki - Useful Transactions in ALE
Monitor IDocs and IDoc Statuses
- SAP library - Monitoring (WE02, WE05, BD20, BD87, etc.)
- SDN wiki - IDoc Statuses
- SDN wiki - Modify IDOC Status by Program: explains how SAP function modules work, and RC1_ standard program
- SDN wiki - Programs to change idoc Status: procedure to process IDocs according to their status
- SDN wiki - Reprocess or Delete an Idoc
- SDN wiki - Search IDocs by Status Message
- SDN wiki - User Specific Error Handling for Outbound IDocs
- SDN wiki - IDoc Diff - Report To Compare IDoc Messages: compares 2 idocs (new segments, contents changed, etc.)
- SDN blog - Prototype for Editing Idocs by Report Program: introduces program in wiki. Based on selection screen parameters (IDoc number, segment, field, new value, there are also 2 other parameters (segment field name and value) which allow to update only if this condition is checked), this program updates one IDoc. Compared to current SAP transaction, it avoids many key strokes.
- WE09: search IDocs, especially by field value
- SAP Library - Serialization of messages (at another place, there is an example program
- SDN wiki - Serialization of Messages
- SDN blog - EDI Basics: EDI defines principles. EDIFACT and ANSI X12 are 2 formats which support EDI. SAP has to use EDI subsystems (third-party tools like Tibco, Macerator...) to translate IDocs into EDI compliant messages. There are no examples how to configure EDI subsystems in SAP, what EDIFACT or ANSI X12 looks like.
- SDN wiki - EDI Transaction Sets and SAP IDOC Types: equivalences between EDI "transaction sets" (850, 855, 856, 860, 865, 810) and SAP Message Types/IDoc Types
- SDN wiki - Structural relationship between IDoc and EDI Standard messages for SD
- SDN blog - Distribution of full master data objects from change pointers: explains how to send complete Outbound IDocs instead of partial ones based on change pointers (use of ALELISTING field in CHANGE_POINTERS_READ function module implicit enhancement)
- SDN wiki - ALE Change Pointers: little introduction of change pointers in 250 words. An interesting scheme is provided but must be adapted (BDCP table should be shown as written at the same time as change documents for example).
IDoc error handling via workflow
- Inbound processing using workflow
- SAP library - Error handling using workflow
- SDN wiki - ALE EDI Error Handling via Workflow: main steps for creating from scratch: new BOR type, new workflow...
Outbound IDocs via Message Control
- SDN blog - Debugging Outbound IDoc Output Control scenarios: explains how to debug Outbound IDoc processing via Message Control processing (NACE transaction): when Send Immediately mode is used, programs often run the processing in update task. Example here is using Delivery IDoc (DELVRY03) generation (message type DESADV). There are a few screen captures.
- SDN blog - Message Control (Output Control) for ALE: introduces Message Control (Procedures, Output Types, Access Sequences, Condition records), with a little part about IDoc messages.
- SDN wiki - Handling Idoc Acknowledgements
- SDN wiki - ALE Audit for DEBMAS: explains the Audit IDoc in detail, from DEBMAS IDoc generation via BD12, Audit IDoc generation via RBDSTATE program, and trace how to find these outbound and inbound IDocs in the system
- SDN wiki - ALE Business process: Shows how to simulate an inbound acknowledgement IDoc coming from a vendor after you have sent him the purchase order by IDoc: first a purchase order is created via ME21 and an IDoc is sent using Message Control, second this IDoc is not sent but is adapted via WE19 to become an inbound acknowledgment IDoc. Screen captures are missing, not very clear.
IDOC processing in PI
To be done
- SDN wiki - Message Mapping - using of E1BPPAREX => experience in the aspect of maintenance and customer usability: 3 solutions to map E1BPPAREX fields in PI
- SDN wiki - File To IDOC: Private wiki "File To IDOC" about mapping of IDoc CREMAS04 in PI, and configuration. Many screen captures. Only contains links to these 3 parts:
- SDN wiki - Error Handling in File-IDOC Scenario
- SDN wiki - FILE to IDOC using Java Mapping: java code reads file and outputs idoc xml
- SDN wiki - File to Multiple IDOC Splitting without BPM
- SDN wiki - IDoc Adapter
- SDN wiki - Important URLs, Transaction Codes, ABAP Reports in Process Integration 7.1
- SDN wiki - Phased message handling PI
- SDN wiki - Process Integration for EDI and B2B
- SDN wiki - SAP R3 (Idocs) To XI – Steps Summarized
- SDN wiki - Step by Step Procedure of IDOC to File Scenario using BPM
- SDN wiki - Interface Development using IDOC's: just contains 2 links to sdn blog - Managing Data between XML and BAAN text file format and SDN article - Mapping an IDOC Schema to XML schema
- SDN blog - Article master data - mass creation for testing: is an entry of ZCREATE_ART_MASS wiki. This program creates many material creation IDocs, based on a give material number. You choose whether the counter should prefix or suffix the new material number. This program is inspired from RBDARTST standard program.
- SDN blog - Generate Test Case for an IDOC Scenario: it shows how to generate an XML file from an existing IDoc using XML file type port, and using EDI_PATH_CREATE_CLIENT_DOCNUM function module. There are screen captures.
- SDN wiki - Common Issues and Hints in ALE and How to Create a Extension of basic message type and attach to the idoc: article in 200 words about enhancing IDoc HRMST_A, using EXIT_SAPLRHA0_001, and infotype 1010. It is not clear what it tries to explain, there is no code, no screen captures. Forget it.
- SDN wiki - Customer Master Record (Tax Groupings) in Customer ALE: demonstrates how to include Tax Groupings in standard Customer Master IDoc (message type DEBMAS). Solution based on Note 577502. User exits for outbound processing: VSV00001, ZXVSVU01, EXIT_SAPLVV01_001. User exits for Inbound processing: take data using BAdI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI methods PASS_NON_STANDARD_SEGMENT and FILL_FT_TABLE_USING_DATA_ROWS, then save using SAPMF02D to enable the save user exit ZXF04U01 of EXIT_SAPMF02D_001.
- SDN wiki - To unlock an idoc generated: EDI_DOCUMENT_DEQUEUE_LATER. No explanation. Not interesting.
- SDN wiki - IDoc programs of Aveek Ghose: attempt to organize his "private backup wikis"