BTE - Business Transaction Event
Enhancement type developed for FI (Financial Accounting).
SAP Reference IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings -> Business Transaction Events .
Customizing can be done via transaction FIBF.
Main steps for activating a BTE:
- Check OSS note for documentation and explanation
- Copy sample function module SAMPLE_INTERFACE_<event_number> to Customer namespace
- Make sure the application is active for Business Transaction Events , else maintain table TBE11.
- Maintain table TBE34 and TBE01
- Enter code to the BTE function module
How to check/debug?
To check the functionality, you can put a break-point in your BTE function module. If it's not called, put a breakpoint at FM OPEN_FI_PERFORM_<BTE number>_E.
Related Transaction Code :
BERE Business Event Repository
BERP Business Processes
BF31 Application modules per Event
BF32 Partner Modules per Event
BF34 Customer Modules per Event
BF41 Application Modules per Process
BF42 Partner Modules per Process
BF44 Customer Modules per Process
BTE exits to add additional components to the SAP standard system, for example in the form of function modules. There are two types of interface:
- Publish and Subscribe interfaces
- These give information that specific events have occurred in the SAP standard application and provide the data generated to external software. However the external software does not return any data to the SAP standard system.
- Process interfaces
These subject business processes to an external control function that is not part of the standard system; in other words the process interfaces interrupt the standard process and deliver data to the SAP application.
A BTE exit is called up in the process, meaning that process modules check the events in Customizing for calling up the BTE exits. In the BTE method, function modules are called up in specified events, to which they have been assigned in Customizing. The event interface is predefined. To activate the process modules, choose _Settings for Process Interfaces -> Assign Customer Function Modules to Process Interfaces.