- You get a shortdump with the following details (or similar):
Runtime Errors IMPORT_DECOMPRESS_FAILED
Information on where terminated
Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLSTXD" - in "READ_TEXTLINES".
Source Code Extract
105 if rt_header-tdtexttype is initial. "SAPscript format
>>>>> import tline to rt_lines
107 from database stxl(tx)
- The problem occurs when trying to read a corrupted text from table STXL. This is usually noticed when performing some application steps, but can also be reproduced by running the function module READ_TEXT with the details of the corrupted text.
- Note 125032 provides report RSTXSCNL to delete the corrupted text:
- 125032 - Search for corrupted texts in cluster table STXL
- On occasions this report can produce the same IMPORT_DECOMPRESS_FAILED short dump, and the problem is not resolved. In that case delete the corrupted text with function module DELETE_TEXT
- Enter the following parameters into DELETE_TEXT:
- These details (ie. the problem text) can be determined from the short dump. In the dump, in the 'Chosen variables' section, there is a section called 'Name READ_TEXT'. The details are here in the first line after each category, for example:
- 000000001000307850 RU02
- Be aware that when you delete texts like this they are completely gone, but it should not be a problem to delete a corrupt text as it will never be of any use.