- Using function module RSPO_L_RETURN_RAW_DATA to return the contents of a large spool (with thousands of pages) dumps with TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED
- The design has changed from the old non-Unicode systems to the Unicode ECC releases and spools take up more memory. Now when performing spool actions such as reading or downloading the spool data through FM RSPO_L_RETURN_RAW_DATA much more memory is consumed. This had to be done in order to make the system Unicode capable.
- To download or return the contents of a large spool with thousands of pages you should use the function module RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB
- With RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB you can specify the number of pages to return, using the parameters FIRST_LINE, LAST_LINE and PAGES. (The spool data is returned in internal table BUFFER)
- Use RSPO_RETURN_ABAP_SPOOLJOB to return the contents of a large spool by specifying a page range, using the parameters like this example:
- RQIDENT 21346
- FIRST_LINE 1
- LAST_LINE 1000
- PAGES X
- When you set PAGES, then the value of FIRST_LINE and LAST_LINE will be used as page numbers. So you can define packages with for example 1000 pages, rather than downloading the complete request at once
- This way you can setup a loop to read through the page ranges and append the returned spool data to an internal table until you get the complete spool.