Printer Vendor Program (PVP) allows printer manufacturers to develop and provide their own device types. Manufacturers can join the PVP and get a Gold or Silver level "membership".
For example, development issues about printers can be now addressed to SAP support if the manufacturer is a Gold member.
- A wizard has been added in SPAD transaction to help creating output devices
- A new tab "Print options" has been added in output device maintenance, containing all printer model features (trays, etc.)
- A button "Special options" has been added in the Printer and options selection dialog
- The vendor may provide drivers for previously unsupported page description languages or PDLs (via an ABAP class)
Note 1097563 - Device Drivers for SAP explains when PVP becomes available:
- 6.20 SP 64 (+ required corrections), kernel SP 222
- 6.40 SP 22 (+ required corrections), kernel SP 222
- 7.0 SP 14 (+ required corrections), kernel SP 148
- 7.01, 7.11 and higher: PVP is supported since the beginning
- Note: 7.10 does not support PVP on 6/24/2010
- SDN document: SAP Printer Vendor Program intro: explains what are gold and silver partners (so that to know whom to contact for support, SAP or vendor). It also contains wizard screen captures which indicate what has changed.
- SDN document: SAP Printer Vendor Program (abstract): a very short document of 2 pages which explain what is PVP
- Note 1036961 - Device type selection wizard in transaction SPAD: this note contains 4 files:
- tspopi-yyyymmdd.zip containing tspopi-yyyymmdd.xml (list of manufacturers, list of printer models, device types, etc.) which you upload into SAP via output device maintenance, click wizard button and upload button (see operation guide attached)
- Detailed PDF operation guide document attached
- Document with list of Printer model/device type and where you can get the device type (standard, PVP, note)
- Note 1100779 - Participants in the SAP Printer Vendor program: simple list of program participants, but references to SAP notes are only given in note 1097990
- Note 1097990 - List of Printer Vendor Wizard Notes
Printer Vendor Wizard Note ( gold level PVP member, silver level PVP member, as of 20/Feb/2019)
2749209 (for label printers)
(Datamax-O'Neil and Intermec is acquired)
(Samsung printer business is acquired)
Printronix AutoID (acquired by TSC)
The device types developed under SAP Printer Vendor program by printer manufacturers are self-tested by themselves based on SAP provided test procedures. The developed device types are NOT automatically considered as certified by SAP.