Procedure to update the SAP kernel on all systems.
- Check the value of DIR_CT_RUN in the CI.
- Unpack the kernel patch files SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR to a temporary directory.
- Stop all the SAP system with all the instances and all OS-level services of all instances.
- Backup the kernel that is in the path of the DIR_CT_RUN parameter.
- Use under AIX only if necessary the system command /usr/sbin/slibclean (as roots) around old versions of the Shared LIBRARIES from main storage to remove (see also note 162843)
- Copy the new kernel from the temporary directory to the directory indicated by the parameter DIR_CT_RUN.
- The DIR_CT_RUN of the central instance is linked to the corresponding directory on the global host which is accessible from all hosts in the cluster; the updates will be distributed by SAPCPE when the instances start.
- Restart the SAP system.