SAPGUI shortcuts are files located on a computer with SAPGUI for Windows installed, which are used to login directly to a SAP system, or run directly a SAP transaction, or entering okcode commands on modal dialogs.
How to create a SAPGUI shortcut
There are 4 ways to create a SAPGUI shortcut:
- Click on the Create shortcut icon on the toolbar in a SAPGUI session
- In the popup window, enter the values you need See SAP Library and note 103019 in Links chapter below for more information. The TYPE field may be Report, Transaction or System Command (this late one is useful for entering /H in popup windows)
- A shortcut on the Desktop (or the location you entered) will be created
- From desktop, choose Create SAP Shortcut using contextual menu and enter file name with extension .sap
- Then choose Modify in the SAP Shortcut contextual menu and enter Shortcut attributes as above
- Create a text file with .SAP extension on the desktop with this kind of content (replace the values with your local ones): The parameters are more or less explained in note 103019 below, as the sapshcut.exe parameters have the same names.
- It is also possible to create a shortcut file from an ABAP program by calling SWN_CREATE_SHORTCUT function module, and save the text to a file (using GUI_DOWNLOAD function module). See the wiki in the Links below.
How to execute a SAPGUI shortcut
There are 3 ways to execute a SAPGUI shortcut:
- Double-click the .SAP file from Windows desktop or Windows explorer
- You may execute a .SAP file by sapsh.exe before 4.5 and sapshcut.exe after 4.5
- Drag and drop the .SAP file to an existing SAPGUI session window. It is especially useful for system commands (okcode commands) that need to be entered on a modal window (popup) as the okcode field is protected, like /H, /RON, /ROFF, etc.
- Locate the window of your SAP popup window:
- Display desktop by Windows-D key, then drag (do not drop) the shortcut to the window
- Drag the shortcut to the popup window:
- Drop it:
- SAP Library - SAP GUI for Windows - SAPGUI Shortcut File
- Note 103019 - SAPshortcut: Program parameters (parameters of sapsh.exe and sapshcut.exe)
- Note 146173 - SAPShortcut: Saving password in SAPShortcut
- Note 99054 - SAPshortcut - Collective note
- Note 844095 - Delegation from sapgui.exe to SAP Logon/SAP Logon Pad
- Note 631198 - Behavior of SAP GUI for Windows in SAP Workplace/Portal
- SDN wiki - create sap shortcut file and send it in mail (demonstration of SWN_CREATE_SHORTCUT)