Downtime Announcement: Please note the SAP Community Wiki will be unavailable due to a system upgrade on Thursday, September 24th between 6 and 7 AM CEST
When generating a Smart Form document you get an error with the following details:
- Exception: FORMATTING_ERROR
- Message ID: SSFCOMPOSER 250 / SSFCOMPOSER250
- Message: Table row is larger than 176 cm
- Generate a Smart Form document (usually through an application) where a lot of text is being inserted into a table cell in the Smart Form
- The error message "Table row is larger then 176 cm" means that you tried to print an extremely large text (which is longer than 176 cm) into a table cell in the form.
- This is a fixed restriction in Smartforms: The length of a single table cell cannot be longer than 176 cm. There are only 5 digits to represent this (99999 TWIPs ~ 176 cm).
- Check whether it is really necessary to process such a long text. If so, then ensure that the text is not put into a single table cell.
- The note 690836 describes a workaround. You can either split the text into different table rows, or you can use a loop instead of a table (the limit only exists inside a table row).
- 690836 - Table is written beyond lower margin of the window
- Therefore, there are only 3 possible solutions to this problem:
- Do not process so much text in the form table
- Split the text so it is not all in one single table cell
- Use a loop instead of a table