1.2. 3. 4.
1. Input fields with search help capability have a button displayed next to the input field when the cursor is located in the field.
The user may either click this button or press F4 key.
2. A dialog box for value restriction may be displayed or not (if not, the hit list is directly displayed).
When tabs are displayed, the search help is called a collective search help, which contains 2 elementary search helps (tabs "Single Roles" and "Composite Roles"). By clicking a tab, selection fields belonging to the corresponding elementary search help are shown.
The user may enter more selections or not, and he presses Enter.
3. The hit list is displayed, which shows possible values. The multi-selection may or may not be enabled.
By using the contextual menu "Insert in personal list", it is possible to build a list of favorites values for each search help.
The contextual menu "Personalize" allows the user to move or hide columns.
If the number of hits is greater than the maximum, a message is displayed. The user may increase it by changing the maximum in the dialog box for value restriction. By clicking the thin horizontal bar button above the list, the dialog box is displayed above it.
4. After the user has selected a line and pressed Enter, the value is returned into the input field.
To access F4 settings, either select menu Help | Settings in the menu bar, or use contextual menu "Personalize" from any hit list and choose tab "Settings for all F4 helps":
There are the following possible settings:
- Display first either the personal list or all the values
- If only one value is possible, it should be returned immediately without displaying the hit list
- Maximum number of hits by default. It can be changed on search help dialog box for value restriction, if needed.
- Maximum width
- Display type : control (latest technology, as shown in screen captures in this article) or dialog (old list technology)