- User variants lost after upgrade, transport or system copy
- Release Independent
Reproducing the Issue
- Transport a Hierarchy report from Source system to Target system.
- The variants were lost.
- Since the program name of the report changed when it was regenerated.
- The variants can be seen in table VARID - they are linked to the old program name
- Function module 'RS_COPY_SELECTION_SETS' can be used to copy variants in target systems
- SE37 -->RS_COPY_SELECTION_SET
SOURCE_REPORT: source report name
TARGET_REPORT: target report name
- keep the 'DEVC' and 'CHANGE_ENAME' as default.
- The Function module add new variants to the target report.
Also See the note 515353