How to Create and Assign Logon Data
This article describes how logon data is created and assigned to provider systems for later use in central business scenarion configuration.
For information on what logon data is about, what it is intended for and how it interacts with other entities related to the central business scenarion sonfiguration, please see section "Logon Data & Assignment" of the following article:
Central Business Scenario Configuration
During automated consumer configuration logon data is used to provide the required credentials (username/password or PSE) and preferred authentication method to the consumer system.
The allowed authentication methods are specifed by the provider configuration. The credentials must be valid for the provider system and the addressed application.
Therefore, logon data can be assigned to a business application on a provider system. This assignment can addtionally be restricted by speciyfing a Web service interface and/or a service group.
This allows to use different authentication methods and credentials for different interfaces in the same provider system.
If no logon data is specified for a provider system, Single Sign-on is used as default (if the provider configuration supports this authentication method).
To assign logon data to a provider system, the provider system must be registered as a domain system with the central system. If the domain system has not been registered (this happens automatically during creation of a management connection), please proceed as described in article How to create a Management Connection to a central system.
- Open SOA Manager in central system.
- Go to the "Service Administration" tab and choose "Logon Data Management". Now all available logon data is listed.
- On the "Maintenance" tab, choose "Create" to start a wizard.
- Specify a name and a description.
- Select an authentication method.
- Depending on the authentication method set a username/password or the PSE (STRUST) containing the client certifiate to use.
- Choose "Finish" to finish the creation of the logon data. This logon data can now be assigned to provider systems in order to express which logon data is to be be used during central configuration process when configuring logical ports.
- Go to the "Assignments" tab within the Logon Data Management application.
- Click on "Create".
Choose the provider system that the logon data is valid for. If needed, you can restrict the usage of the logon data by specifing the following:
Only use the logon data if the given consumer system is creating the logical ports
Logon data should only be used if the consumed Web service has the given service definition name
Only use the logon data if the logical port is created for a consumer proxy in the given service group
- Select the logon data to be assigned/used.
- Choose "Finish".
- Open SOAManager in a central system.
Go to the "Service Administrations" tab and choose "Logon Data Management". Now all available logon data is listed.
- Choose "Create" to start the wizard
Enter a name and a description.
Select an authentication method.
- Choose "Finish" to finish the creation of the logon data.
Go to the "Assignments" tab within the logon data management application.
- Choose "Create".
Choose the provider system which the logon data is valid for and optionally restrict the usage.
Select the logon data to be assigned/used.
- Choose "Finish".