- You have external RFC client program which connects to SAP.
- When there are multiple calls in parallel by RFC client program, you may face slow response or even timeout.
- At the same time, you found the work process is in "On Hold" RFC status and in the gateway trace, you found the following error:
NiHLGetHostName: to get xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed in xxxxms (tl=2000ms)
*** ERROR => NiHLGetHostName: NiPGetHostByAddr failed (rc=-1) [nixxhl.cpp 495]
SAP system is running on WINDOWs OS.
Reproducing the Issue
RFC calls in paralell.
External host name cannot be resolved in time.
- As a workaround, you can add external host name to hosts file, if you have less terminals need to be added.
- Disable Netbios over TCP/IP in Windows environments, please check note 1431619.