Among the key features of SAP Landscape Management (fka SAP Landscape Virtualization Management) software is a framework for SAP system clone, copy, and refresh.
This framework includes post-copy automation templates (both for SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and Java) that are ready-to-run in the end-to-end system copy/refresh process, but can also as be executed stand-alone in the respective AS ABAP or Java systems.
Post-copy automation templates may be customized to meet additional customer-specific requirements.
Available Automation Content
Currently, post-copy automation templates are available for:
- SAP NetWeaver:
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
- SAP NetWeaver usage type BI Java
- SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) and connected SAP BW source systems
- SAP Business Suite:
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planing (SAP ERP)
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM)
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM)
- SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS)
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM)
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM)
End-to-end copy scenarios for SAP BW, SAP CRM and SAP SCM are available with release 2.0 of SAP Landscape Virtualization Management.
To get an overview of the newest features and the latest content provided in the post-copy automation area, see the presentation What's New – Post-Copy Automation with SAP Landscape Management.
More information about post-copy automation:
- Overview presentation about post-copy automation
- System Copy Automation for SAP BW Landscapes
- Best Practices for Using ABAP Post-Copy Automation
- Overview Presentation - Improve BDLS Runtime with Post-Copy Automation
- White Paper - ABAP PCA: Conversion of Logical System Names (BDLS)
BDLS tasks up to SAP Note 2006758 - System Copy: Task Content (7th Improvement)
- White Paper - ABAP Post-Copy Automation: Conversion of Logical System Names for BDLS tasks
BDLS tasks starting with SAP Note 2039075 - System Copy: Task Content (8th Improvement)
Related SAP Notes:
- SAP Note 1813435 - System Copy: Task Content (05th Improvement)
- SAP Note 1922762 - System Copy: Task Content (06th Improvement)
- SAP Note 2006758 - System Copy: Task Content (07th Improvement)
- SAP Note 2039075 - System Copy: Task Content (08th Improvement)
- SAP Note 2109013 - System Copy: Task Content (09th Improvement)
- SAP Note 2200341 - System Copy: Task Content (10th Improvement)