**Page under construction
**Please note that some links may not function until the migration is finished
JOIN FREE and compete for $3,000 in PRIZES
Interested in applying your programming expertise alongside like-minded professionals and enthusiasts to address business needs?
Join us in September at SAP Labs in Palo Alto,CA for the “SAP Lumira BizViz Hackathon”!
What is the SAP Lumira BizViz Hackathon?
This hackathon is a free event that challenges developers to create visualization extensions for SAP Lumira. SAP Lumira is a self-service, Business Intelligence tool that anyone can use to create data visualizations to better represent their data. The app is free to download for personal use and can be found at the SAP Lumira Homepage.
SAP Lumira: Self-service data visualization for everyone
SAP Lumira comes with lots of pre-built charts to choose from. But what about a business analyst working for a specific industry or line-of-business use cases, and who requires a kinky & unique chart type effectively tell his story? Well, SAP Lumira has got you covered, as it allows you to develop your own visualization extensions!
When is it?
Thursday, September 10th – Saturday, September 12th
at SAP Labs in Palo Alto, California
What's in it for me?
- Learn from subject matter experts about the present and future of data analysis.
- Expand your network by connecting with SAP’s global base of Customers, Partners, and Employees in virtually every existing line of business.
- Grow your knowledge of building charts using fresh, cloud-based technology and gain exposure for your creativity.
- Enjoy collaborating with peers to build solutions for real-world problems.
- Power your mind with FREE FOOD & DRINK to enjoy.
We will showcase your extensions on SAP’s global community network - so make it great!
- Required – basic development skills in D3.js
- Preferred – development skills in jQuery, SVG, HTML
- Participants should arrive with a business use case and associated data, preferably in XLS or CSV format. These can be sourced from the participants’ organization, the SAP Lumira Idea Place, or any other approved data sources.
SAP Web IDE Resources:
How do you win?
- A panel of analytics experts will judge the entries based on their applicability, originality and creativity.
- In order to qualify, your extension needs to run successfully on SAP Lumira.
- All submissions represent valid business use cases.
- Participants agree to open-source their extensions on GitHub.
- Participants are encouraged to write a blog on SCN. Winners are expected to write a blog on SCN about their submission.
I'm in, what's my next step?
Simple! Fill out this quick application and then stay tuned to your email for more event details and registration information.
Scan QR code to apply on your phone!