1 - General Information
- Please find the PAM details for Product Version SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.7 here, also in PDF version.
- Please find the PAM details for Product Version SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.8 here, also in PDF version.
Hardware & Software requirements for Analysis, edition for MS Office see note 1466118.
For MS Office 2016 installations, refer to the SAP note below, which describes a known issue introduced by MS Office update:
→ 2670331 - Analysis Office Compatibility issues after Excel 2016 update
2 - Analysis for Office client tool
- Installation step: To install SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
NOTE: If using BW as platform, ensure that SAP GUI is installed in the client PC (see here how to install). Refer to chapter "SAP BW" under "Supported BI Platforms" in Administrator Guide.
- For Silent installation / uninstallation of client tool please see SAP Front End Installation Guide.
- For custom packages of Analysis for Office, see Wikipage Configuring Files With SAP Setup
- To check the installation run 'nwcheckworkstation' as explained at wikipage. How to run the Installation check tool
- See note 1518359 for Release schedule.
- Follow steps below to download the latest version of Analysis for Office:
- Access this page
-- For MS Office 32 bit, download file AOFFICE28SP04P_1-70004974.EXE (SP04 Patch1 for ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.8);
-- For MS Office 64 bit, download file AOFFICE28SP04P_1-70004973.EXE (SP04 Patch1 for ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.8);
Analysis Office Client versions
|2.8 SP6||-||Planned (CW 48, 2020). See note 2927196|
|2.8 SP5||-||Planned (CW 41, 2020). See note 2924400|
|2.8 SP4 patch 1||2.8.401.94659||Released (CW 35, 2020). See note 2959437 - latest 2.8 version|
|2.8 SP4||2.8.400.94350||Released (CW 31, 2020). See note 2924387|
|2.8 SP3 patch 1||2.8.301.94265||Released (CW 29, 2020). See note 2948273|
|2.8 SP3||2.8.300.93887||Released (CW 22, 2020). See note 2917177|
|2.8 SP2 patch 1||220.127.116.11748||Released (CW 18, 2020). See note 2919308|
|2.8 SP2||18.104.22.168367||Released (CW 14, 2020). See note 2679436|
|2.8 SP1||22.214.171.124864||Released (CW 05, 2020). See note 2679485|
|2.8 SP0||2.8.000.92058||Released (CW 48, 2019). See note 2679473|
|2.7 SP10 patch 1||2.7.1001.93285||Released (CW 12, 2020). See note 2904706 - latest 2.7 version and the last planned support package|
Released (CW 09, 2020). See note 2874414
|2.7 SP9||2.7.900.92200||released (CW 50, 2019). See note 2772754|
|2.7 SP8 patch 1||2.7.801.91780||released (CW 45, 2019). See note 2851131|
|2.7 SP8||2.7.800.91299||released (CW 39, 2019). See note 2772753|
|2.7 SP7 patch 1||2.7.701.91262||released (CW 39, 2019). See note 2841165|
|2.7 SP7||2.7.700.90338||released (CW 31, 2019). See note 2772706|
|2.7 SP6 patch 1||2.7.601.90251||released (CW 29, 2019). See note 2814781|
|2.7 SP6||2.7.600.89395||released (CW 21, 2019). See note 2768353|
|2.7 SP5 patch 2||2.7.502.89393||released (CW 21, 2019). See note 2791706|
|2.7 SP5 patch 1||2.7.501.89013||released (CW 18, 2019). See note 2785097|
|2.7 SP5||2.7.500.88128||released (CW 12, 2019). See note 2738666|
|2.7 SP4 patch 1||2.7.401.87606||released (CW 8, 2019). See note 2753563|
|2.7 SP4||2.7.400.87314||released (CW 5, 2019). See note 2733028|
|2.7 SP3||2.7.300.86673||released (CW 51, 2018). See note 2609916 (Contains EPM Add-in SP34. See SAP Note 2678610)|
|2.7 SP2 patch 1||126.96.36.199348||released (CW 44, 2018). See note 2709385|
|2.7 SP2||188.8.131.52890||released (CW 40, 2018). See note 2609982 (Contains EPM Add-in SP33 PL01. See SAP Note 2667731)|
|2.7 SP1 patch 1|
released (CW 35, 2018). See note 2678400
|2.7 SP0 patch 1|
released (CW 26, 2018). See note 2656890
Note that there is a component included in Analysis for Office tool, which is responsible for the communication with the backend. This component is called BI Consumer Service (BICS).
- BICS 2.0 is used in Analysis Office until 2.4
- BICS 3.0 is used in Analysis Office from 2.5 onwards
Whenever opening in AO 2.4 version (or lower), a workbook that was saved using AO 2.5 or higher version, the warning message below will occur:
"XML stored with a newer BICS version (XML version 3.0, client version 2.0)"
It means that some issues might occur, since new versions can contain improvements and new functionalities.
Opening workbooks saved with 2.4 or lower version using AO 2.5 or higher version should never be a problem. This is why the recommendation is to always use new and higher versions to open workbooks saved in old versions. See SAP note 2546926.
3 - Analysis Office Add-On for SAP BI Platform
- Installation step: To install the Analysis BI platform Add-On for Scheduling for the Analysis Plug-in
- See note 1518359 for Release schedule.
- Follow steps below to download the latest version of Analysis for Office BIP Add-On:
- Access this page with the latest version of AO BIP ADD-ON in SAP Software Center
-- Download the file BIPADDON03P_1-70005071.ZIP (SP03 Patch 1 for ANALYSIS OFFICE BIP ADD ON 2.8)
Currently the AO BIP ADD-ON is only available for Windows. There is no version available for others operating systems (e.g. Linux).
4 - Why test with latest AO patch?
- Investing the time to locate the error which is already solved with current patch is not very useful. Thus testing with latest patch is very important.
- We understand that AO patch cannot be rolled out to thousands of users every quarter/month. But it is recommended to install the latest AO patch on one test PC to test the issue.
- Installing a new AO patch on a test PC is neither time consuming nor complicated. It takes less than 10 minutes.
- If confirmed that the issue is solved with latest AO patch, then this will save a lot of time that is needed with incident creation (by customer) and analyzing the issue (by customer & SAP Product Support).
- It is only possible to provide a correction based in the latest patch. Therefore, even if an error is occurring in lower patch, the solution cannot be provided for that lower patch.
- In contradiction to ABAP correction, AO correction cannot be provided as code-snippets, thus the complete AO patch needs to be installed. Even if emergency hotfix patch is released, the solution will be a complete update of the AO patch.
- Generally, multiple errors are corrected in each AO patch. Important errors are documented in SAPNOTE, but NOT ALL. This means that the issue might be already solved in the latest AO version but no SAPNOTE is available.
5 - SAP Ramp-Up
Ramp-Up is SAP's early adoption program for customers who want to go live with SAP's software innovations as soon as possible. For more information about it click here. Any issue accessing Ramp-Up version of software on the SMP, please log a message under Component: XX-SER-SAPSMP-SWC.
Link to this page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/j41IGQ