1 - General Information
- Please find the PAM details for Product Version SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.8 here, also in PDF version.
Hardware & Software requirements for Analysis, edition for MS Office see note 1466118.
For MS Office 2016 installations, refer to the SAP note below, which describes a known issue introduced by MS Office update:
→ 2670331 - Analysis Office Compatibility issues after Excel 2016 update
2 - Analysis for Office client tool
- For the installation steps, check To install SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
- For silent installation / uninstallation, check SAP Front End Installation Guide.
- For custom packages of Analysis for Office, check Configuring Files With SAP Setup
- For checking the installation, run command 'nwcheckworkstation', as explained in Wiki page How to run the Installation check tool
- See note 1518359 for the release schedule
Follow steps below to download the latest version of Analysis for Office:
- Access this page
-- For MS Office 32 bit, download file AOFFICE28SP17_0-70004974.EXE (SP17 Patch0 for ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.8);
-- For MS Office 64 bit, download file AOFFICE28SP17_0-70004973.EXE (SP17 Patch0 for ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.8);
Follow steps below to download the latest version of Analysis for Office, edition for SAC
- Access this page
-- For MS Office 32 bit, download file AOFFICESAC28SP17_0-70004971.EXE (SP17 Patch0 for ANALYSISOFFICE_FOR_SAC 2.8);
-- For MS Office 64 bit, download file AOFFICESAC28SP17_0-70004972.EXE (SP17 Patch0 for ANALYSISOFFICE_FOR_SAC 2.8);
|Note: in case of problems with the download, please create a ticket in SAP under component "XX-SER-SAPSMP-SWC"|
Analysis Office Client versions
Currently there is no plan for a AO 2.9 release. Instead there will be frequent SPs for AO 2.8.
This will not have any impact on the support, which has been announced in the Product Availability Matrix until 2027.
|2.8 SP18||-||Planned (CW 20, 2023). See note 3256365|
|2.8 SP17||2.8.1700.0123||Released (CW 07, 2023). See note 3256339 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 13. See SAP Note 3294136) - latest 2.8 version|
|2.8 SP16||2.8.1600.99691||Released (CW 46, 2022). See note 3231637 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 12. See SAP Note 3253737)|
|2.8 SP15 patch 1||2.8.1501.99634||Released (CW 44, 2022). See note 3260490|
|2.8 SP15||2.8.1500.99164||Released (CW 33, 2022). See note 3191442 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 11. See SAP Note 3194862)|
|2.8 SP14 patch 1||2.8.1401.98825||Released (CW 25, 2022). See note 3119185|
|2.8 SP14||2.8.1400.98665||Released (CW 20, 2022). See note 3150342 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 10. See SAP Note 3194852)|
|2.8 SP13||2.8.1300.98253||Released (CW 09, 2022). See note 3123550 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 9. See SAP Note 3128219)|
|2.8 SP12||2.8.1200.97930||Released (CW 49, 2021). See note 3051730 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 8. See SAP Note 3106914)|
|2.8 SP11||2.8.1100.97454||Released (CW 40, 2021). See note 3051741 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 7. See SAP Note 3086198)|
|2.8 SP10||2.8.1000.96894||Released (CW 30, 2021). See note 3051755 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 6. See SAP Note 3062753)|
|2.8 SP9||2.8.900.96586||Released (CW 23, 2021). See note 2993498 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 5. See SAP Note 3043664)|
|2.8 SP8||2.8.800.96347||Released (CW 14, 2021). See note 2993475 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 4. See SAP Note 3011303)|
|2.8 SP7||2.8.700.95947||Released (CW 06, 2021). See note 2993485 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 3. See SAP Note 3001963)|
|2.8 SP6||2.8.600.95340||Released (CW 48, 2020). See note 2927196 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 2. See SAP Note 2954008)|
|2.8 SP5||2.8.500.94986||Released (CW 41, 2020). See note 2924400 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38 patch 1. See SAP Note 2951215)|
|2.8 SP4 patch 1||2.8.401.94659||Released (CW 35, 2020). See note 2959437|
|2.8 SP4||2.8.400.94350||Released (CW 31, 2020). See note 2924387 (Contains EPM Add-in SP38. See SAP Note 2920897)|
|2.8 SP3 patch 1||2.8.301.94265||Released (CW 29, 2020). See note 2948273|
|2.8 SP3||2.8.300.93887||Released (CW 22, 2020). See note 2917177 (Contains EPM Add-in SP37 patch 1. See SAP Note 2902111)|
|2.8 SP2 patch 1||188.8.131.52748||Released (CW 18, 2020). See note 2919308|
|2.8 SP2||184.108.40.206367||Released (CW 14, 2020). See note 2679436 (Contains EPM Add-in SP37. See SAP Note 2825503)|
|2.8 SP1||220.127.116.11864||Released (CW 05, 2020). See note 2679485 (Contains EPM Add-in SP36 patch 1. See SAP Note 2854019)|
|2.8 SP0||2.8.000.92058||Released (CW 48, 2019). See note 2679473 (Contains EPM Add-in SP36. See SAP Note 2778197)|
Note that there is a component included in Analysis for Office tool, which is responsible for the communication with the backend. This component is called BI Consumer Service (BICS).
- BICS 2.0 is used in Analysis Office until 2.4
- BICS 3.0 is used in Analysis Office from 2.5 onwards
Whenever opening in AO 2.4 version (or lower), a workbook that was saved using AO 2.5 or higher version, the warning message below will occur:
"XML stored with a newer BICS version (XML version 3.0, client version 2.0)"
It means that some issues might occur, since new versions can contain improvements and new functionalities.
Opening workbooks saved with 2.4 or lower version using AO 2.5 or higher version should never be a problem. This is why the recommendation is to always use new and higher versions to open workbooks saved in old versions. See SAP note 2546926.
3 - Analysis Office Add-On for SAP BI Platform
- Installation step: To install the Analysis BI platform Add-On for Scheduling for the Analysis Plug-in
- See note 1518359 for Release schedule.
- Follow steps below to download the latest version of Analysis for Office BIP Add-On:
- Access this page with the latest version of AO BIP ADD-ON in SAP Software Center
-- Download the file BIPADDON16_0-70005071.ZIP (SP15 for ANALYSIS OFFICE BIP ADD ON 2.8)
Currently the AO BIP ADD-ON is only available for Windows. There is no version available for others operating systems (e.g. Linux).
4 - Why it is necessary to test the scenario using the latest patch of SAP Analysis for Office?
- Investing the time to investigate an issue which is already solved in the latest patch is not very useful, because the correction was already implemented and delivered.
- We understand that a new patch of AO cannot be rolled out to thousands of users every quarter/month. However, it is recommended to install the latest AO patch on one test machine/PC to test the issue.
- Installing a new AO patch on a test machine is neither time consuming nor complicated. It takes less than 10 minutes.
- If confirmed that the issue is solved when using the latest AO patch, then this will save a lot of time that is needed with incident creation (by customer) and analyzing the issue (by customer & SAP Product Support).
- It is only possible to provide a correction based in the latest patch. Therefore, even if an issue is occurring in lower patch, the solution cannot be provided for that lower patch.
- In contradiction to ABAP correction, AO correction cannot be provided as code-snippets, thus the complete AO patch needs to be installed. Even if emergency hotfix patch is released, the solution will be a complete update of the AO patch.
- Due to the dependencies in the coding of the AO, client corrections will only be provided by releasing a new Support Package. This means that a downport of single corrections to already released AO versions is not possible. In addition, it is also not possible to provide a correction the same way we provide ABAP corrections via notes.
- Generally, multiple errors are corrected in each AO patch. Important and major corrections are documented in SAP Notes, but NOT ALL. This means that the issue might be already solved in the latest AO version, even if there is no SAP Note available.
5 - SAP Ramp-Up
Ramp-Up is SAP's early adoption program for customers who want to go live with SAP's software innovations as soon as possible. For more information about it click here. Any issue accessing Ramp-Up version of software on the SMP, please log a message under Component: XX-SER-SAPSMP-SWC.
Link to this page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/j41IGQ