Information broadcasting is used to distribute BI objects generated with the various BEx tools. Authorizations objects can be used to restrict creation, deletion and execution of broadcast setting.
- S_RS_ADMWB: This Authorization Object restricts deletion ,execution and maintenence of a Broadcaster setting by a USER. Since it is an administration authorization, this only applies to objects created by other users. This authorization object will not restrict the ability for an user to modify or delete its own broadcast settings. The only authorization needed to create a broadcast setting is the access to the underlying reporting object.
This Object contains two fields:
RSADMWBOBJ: this field should have value BROADCASTER_SETTING
ACTVT: Activity 03 (Display Broadcast Setting), 16 (Execute Broadcast Setting) and 23 (Maintain Broadcast setting)
S_RS_BCS: This Authorization Object determines which user can schedule broadcast settings for execution. *****
This Object contains 5 fields:
Object type determines the reporting object that the broadcast setting is based upon. Values could be Web Template HT , Query QU, MS Excel workbook WB.
ObjectID contains the technical name of the reporting object.
EventType describes the type of event to which the broadcast setting should be registered.
EventID contains the identification of the event. In the case of data changes to the InfoProvider, this is the technical name of the InfoProvider.
Activity determines whether a user is allowed to create or delete registrations.
- S_BTCH_JOB: This Authorization Object determines the user to perform the different operations on job.
This object contains 2 fields:
Jobaction tells about what different operations can be performed on jobs. For JOBACTION, the values which can be assigned are PLAN, DELE, LIST, RELE, SHOW, PROT.
Jobgroup value should be set to *.
- S_BTCH_NAM: This authorization setting determines the authorized users, which users can choose from when scheduling a background job. An authorized user provides the authorizations for performing a background job. A user can always enter himself as an authorized user when scheduling a job. Thus, an authorization for this object is only required if your users require users other than authorized users. This might occur, for example, if your users need special authorizations for their background jobs that only certain users possess.
This object has 1 field.
Authorized user: User name that a user can specify as an authorized user. You can also enter names generically: <character string>*.
Using authorization object S_RS_BCS, you can set which users are allowed to schedule broadcast settings for execution and how.
The following options are available for scheduling:
- Data Change in Underlying InfoProvider (DC)
- Time Predefined by Administrator (TP).
Therefore this authorization is valid only for Data Change and Time Defined.
For Online Execution, if the user has access to the Query and can create a job, it can schedule in the background.
This is standard functionality.
If you can find following error details in Tx RSRD_LOG ...
- 03.06.2014 10:14:09 <background_user> - 00000000000000471708
- setting>: <broadcast_setting_authorization_user> is not a valid user name in the BW system
- Setting <setting>: User <broadcast_setting_authorization_user> cannot be used for background processing
... then please apply solution S1.2 mentioned at wikipage Checklist for issues during execution of Broadcaster-Setting.
SAP Note 760775 : Settings for Information Broadcasting
SAP Note 1487329 : Additional Authorization Check in ABAP Workbench
SAP Note 1877255 Bex Broadcaster authorization users type 'Dialog'
SAP Note 2029986 User not valid in Broadcaster execution in Process Chain.
- Authorizations for Query Definition and Information Broadcasting
- Defining Users for Background Processing
link to this page : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/4gO9Dg