This wiki page explains the Analysis Office (AO) connections with the following platforms:
- SAP Netweaver
- SAP HANA
- Business Intelligence Platform (BIP)
1 - SAP Netweaver
- SAP GUI 7.40 with current patch must be installed on client PC
- BW systems must be defined in the SAP Logon. AO retrieves the available BW systems from the saplogon.ini or SAPUILandscape.xml file.
- AO respects following sequence to access saplogon.ini or SAPUILandscape.xml file:
- SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environment variable
- SAPGUI Options custom path (from registry)
- SAPGUI 720 default path (%APPDATA%\SAP\Common)
- SAPGUI 640 default path (%WINDIR%, usually C:\Windows)
- Analysis for Office 2.x version supports the file SAPUILandscape.xml and remote files;
- In case both saplogon.ini and SAPUILandscape.xml exist, Analysis for Office will respect the value defined in registry setting LandscapeFormatEnabled.
- KeyName = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon
- ValueName = LandscapeFormatEnabled
- The LandscapeFormatEnabled is defined as Dword entry and it is possible to set it with value 0 or 1.
- If LandscapeFormatEnabled is set to 0: AO will use the saplogon.ini file.
- If LandscapeFormatEnabled is set to 1: AO will use the SAPUILandscape.xml file.
If using remote SAPUILandscape.xml file, it is necessary to enable caching. This can be done via SAP Logon options > Server Configuration Files > Allow caching of server configuration files or by entering the value 1 for the registry setting AllowCachingServerConfigFiles in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon\options.
- Currently, Analysis for Office does not support the following:
- Files referenced by via include in SAPUILandscape.xml file;
Check links below for authentication and single sign-on:
- Netweaver Authentication and Single Sign On
- Connecting against NetWeaver BW using saplogon.ini or SAPUILandscape.xml
2 - Business Intelligence Platform (BIP)
Analysis for Office supports SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence XI 4.0 and SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence XI 4.1 as platform.
If you use the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1 platform with Analysis, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or 3.5 must be installed on the client PC.
Using Analysis for Office with BI Platform you can connect to:
- SAP HANA
In the Central Management Console (CMC), you have to define connections to your SAP NetWeaver BW system(s). SAP BusinessObjects Analysis receives information about the connections in the CMC and establishes direct access to the defined BW systems for data exchange.
Analysis for Office does not support the authentication type "pre-defined" for OLAP connections defined in CMC.
This feature is deliberately not supported for security reasons.
Only authentication types "Prompt" or "SSO" are supported. See note 1862845.
Check link below to authentication and single sign-on:
3 - SAP HANA
You can analyze SAP HANA data sources with Analysis once you are using SAP HANA appliance software.
If you use SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse, powered by SAP HANA, you can analyze BW queries as described on the above topic “SAP Netweaver”.
You have the following options to connect to SAP HANA:
- You can use an OLAP connection to connect via SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. This connection can be created directly in the CMC of the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform like BW system connections to the platform. The SAP HANA OLAP connections are currently not SSO compatible.
- You can use a JDBC connection to connect via SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform.
If you create both connections, a JDBC and an OLAP connection, ensure to define names that enable you to distinguish the connections later. For more information on the JDBC connection, see “Using SAP BusinessObjects BI Clients for SAP HANA” in the SAP HANA Master Guide at http://help.sap.com.
- You can create local HANA connections.
To create a local HANA connection, a HANA ODBC driver must be installed on the machine.
Note that you have a difference between Analysis for Office 1.4.x and Analysis for Office 2.x version. For Analysis for Office 1.4.x you will configure the ODBC connection and for Analysis for Office 2.x you will use the HTTP connection. For HTTP connection check the link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63784 and http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64277.
A local HANA connection is created in the Select Data Source dialog.
All the connection information will be recorded at the following folder:
- C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\SAP AG\SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis
At the following file:
Check links below to authentication and single sign-on:
Link to this page: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/oQxBGQ