- An InfoSet is a data source defined as a join between ODS objects, Characteristics or Cubes (new with BW70)
- An InfoSet is not itself a data target, it does not store data
- A join condition determines the combination of records from the individual objects that are included in the resulting set. Usually, when defining InfoSets, the objects are linked via inner join operators. However, you can also use left outer joins. Inner join and left outer join are only different in the situation where one of the involved tables does not contain any suitable record which meets the join conditions.
- A time-dependent join or temporal join is a join that contains an InfoObject that has time-dependent attributes.
- Within InfoSets several InfoProvider can be joined. Within this object one and the same infoobject/attribute can occur several times. Since an infoobject/attribute has to be unique within the InfoProvider it became unavoidable to establish aliases for the tables and fields of an infoset. If you turn on the display of technical names (button) in the transaction RSISET you get for every infoobject an field alias displayed: e.g. the infoset is called ISET1 and for the infoobject 0country the alias F1 is displayed - then internally the OLAP engine assignes the following technical name to this infoobject: ISET1___F1
InfoProvider that can be joined are:
- InfoObjects having MasterData (timedependend and timeindependent)
- BasisCubes (since 7.0), (no NCUM cubes)
Interpretation of Query Results
The join condition determines the combination of records from the individual objects that are included in the resulting set. Depending on the definition of the Join and the data in the objects, it may happen that records from tables are included multiple times to get a record of the resulting set. This can lead to unwanted effects and makes it often difficult to understand the values displayed in a query. The following simple examples (and the list of SAP consulting notes listed below) should help to better understand the nature of JOINs.
Reports and Function Modules
RSQ_ISET_MASS_OPERATIONS is a Report to check and activate infosets
RSQ_ISET_READ_RUNTIME_FIELDS is a Function Module that can be used to check the fields of the InfoSet
Very Simple Examples to..
SAP Online Documentation
SAP Consulting Notes
Please click on the number of the note you are interested in.