This page is a collection of information and help to avoid and solve BW related problems before, during or after an upgrade. Upgrade means an upgrade of a BW system, however it is possible that below issues arise during an upgrade of a non-BW system which has a BW component.
The solution to some problems during the upgrade phase is to apply one or several notes. To be able to do this it must be made possible to logon to the system. The KBA below contains further information how the system can be unlocked so notes can be applied:
2244827 - SUM or SAPup in an execution phase (e.g. PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_AIMMRG) error: Upgrade still running: Logon not possible
R7000 ...is not consistent. Activate it.
ACTIVATION CHECK ERRORS and RETURN CODE in RSUPGRCHECK.CE1
4 ER7000 "InfoObjects Check"
4 ER7000 "End of Checks for InfoObjects"
4 ER7000 "InfoCubes Check"
2EER7000 "InfoCube <technical name> is not consistent." "Reactivate it."
2EER7000 "InfoObject ..... is not" "consistent. Activate it.
3WER7030 InfoObject "......" is not active - activating InfoObject now
R7 030 R7 000
Solution: read and follow below SAP documents:
Operation XXX could not be carried out for - RS_EXCEPTION120
You run into errors in the DTP after import during upgrade of BI_CONT for example SAPK-75704INBICONT or SAPK-75705INBICONT. The following error message is seen in the import log
'Operation DS Source system _access could not be carried out for DTPA DTP*' (RS_EXCEPTION120)
Solution: Install below SAP note:
2165834 - 740SP12: Error during BI_CONT upgrade in DTP after Import
MESSAGE_TYPE_X - MANDT_UNIQUE_GET
You are running an upgrade on an SCM system or similar that uses a BW component. You receive the following shortdump when you are upgrading this system...
"SAPLRRBA" bzw. LRRBAF01
Solution: read and follow below Knowledga Based Article:
2213074 - MESSAGE_TYPE_X in Program MANDT_UNIQUE_GET during Upgrade
Source system '& does not exist / An exception was raised
Error messages in XPRA phase: of an upgrade using Software Update Manager
Source system '& does not exist ( RSAR203 )
An exception was raised ( SY530 )
Return Code: 008
RSAR 203 SY 530
Solution: read and follow below SAP note:
2012696 - Error Messages RSAR203 & SY530 in XPRA
IMPORT_WRONG_END_POS Dump in ADJUST_OBJLIST_FOR_IMPORT_ALL
During upgrade or after upgrade during a transport one of the following errors happen:
"SAPLRSVERS" or "LRSVERSF30"
Length error occurred in IMPORT statement.
>>>>> IMPORT th_trkorr_import_all = l_th_trkorr_import_all
238 s_trkorr_no1_import_all = l_s_trkorr_no1_import_all
239 FROM DATABASE indx(xy)
240 ID 'RSVERS_BI_IMPORT_ALL'.
"SAPLRSVERS" bzw. LRSVERSF30
RSO781: Invalid objects: 'After Import' terminated (see long text)
RSO876: Error Current imported l_th_trkorr_import_all has 0 (lines) in TP command Fatal error: Import all mismatch
RSO 781 RSO 876
Solution: read and follow below Knowledge Based Article:
1934939 - CX_SY_IMPORT_MISMATCH_ERROR dump during XPRA of a transport or during upgrade
Referenced characteristic not available / does not exist in version "M"
After an upgrade has been finished, the LONGPOST.LOG contains messages like:
2PER7396 Characteristic XXX: Referenced characteristic YYY not (actively) available
A2PERSTCO_UT 003 An error occurred while activating BW object &2
2PER7245 InfoObject AAA does not exist in version "M"
2PEDO586 "Data Element" XXX ("Revised and Active" vers.) was not deleted (check references)
R7 396 R7245 DO 586
Solution: read and follow below Knowledge Based Article:
2022173 - Errors in LONGPOST.LOG after upgrade related to technical BW objects
Dump / Function module SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE
After the Upgrade of a source system connected to SAP BW, the source system activation, restore, check or new connection fails. This can also happen for the BW Myself connection. The following errors can be an indication for this problem:
- Short Dump CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_REMOTE - The function module SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE is not remote enabled
- Short Dump CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_EXIST - SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE is not available
- Error message: RSAR 671 Source system release &1 is not the same as local information &2
- Another SAP BW error message related to function module SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE
MESSAGE_TYPE_X dump in CL_RSBK_CMD_TPL_X in method GET_OBJ_REF_SRC_STATIC
Follow the instructions of the KBA:
2542800 RDDEXECL job terminates with dump MESSAGE_TYPE_X in report CL_RSBK_CMD_TPL_X=============CP
RSUPGRCHECK fails during upgrade to BW 7.50
The message "Error occurred during ACTIVATION CHECK" is displayed without any further hints or log information.
Import the transport B5SK011625 (which stored in the SUM files) and the data- and cofile which can be found in SUM/abap/data and SUM/abap/cofiles
Upgrade to BW 7.50 SP04
- 2350730 - Additional Info - SAP BW 7.50 SP04 Implementation
- SUM for ABAP - Troubleshooting Guide
- XPRAS_TRANS XPRAS_UPG and XPRAS_AIMMRG phases
- RUN_SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN phase
- https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/PBUCGg (BW After Import - Transport – Troubleshooting)
- 1629923 - Skip BW technical content objects activation during upgrade
- 1649901 - Time-critical processes in BW upgrade/Support Package
- 2176977 - Pre-upgrade measures for upgrade/update to 7.4
- 2197259 - Add. info about the update/upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.5
- 2217990 - Message "InfoObject &1: &2 &3 is not active; activating InfoObject now" (R7030) is confusing
- 2239316 - Zero Downtime Upgrade Management support for BW metadata objects
- 2019797 - Enabling changes to non-critical BW t-logo objects during the upgrade phase
- 2286890 - "Current client "000" and BW client "XXX" do not match" during the upgrade
- 2275532 - Transport log for InfoObjects empty during transport of at least one key figure as of BW 7.40 SP05