- According to note 147519 SAP GUI 750 went out of support on 31st March 2020 so please upgrade to SAP GUI 760 which has full support up to 12th April 2022.
- The SAP GUI 760 related wikipages:
This page describes the steps for installation of SAP GUI 750 and BEx Frontend inlcuding the BEx Applications and Precalculation Server.
Here you can find the SAP Front End Installation Guide.
1 - Software & Hardware Requirements
Following notes describe general information, Software & Hardware requirements and limitations for BEx Analyzer:
- 2333883 - BI 7.x tools in 750 - HW\SW requirements
- 2333840 - BI 7.x tools in 750 - General Information & Limitations
- 2333874 - BI 7.x tools in 750 Compilation2 DVD - Contents & Versions
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Windows 2012 R2 Server
- Windows 2016 Server
Supported Microsoft Office:
- only 32 Bit Office versions are supported for BEx tools, see note 1995532.
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 - Please read detail information in note 1973324.
- Versions 3.0, 4.0, 4.5 and 4.6 are supported
- Version 2.0 is mandatory and should be installed along with a newer version
- SAP GUI and BEx Frontend must have the same version (for e.g. SAP GUI 7.50 fits to BI Add-On based on 7.50)
- Its strongly recommended to use the latest patches of SAP GUI and BEx Frontend.
2 - Downloading the installation files:
- Download the SAPGUI 750 Core Frontend-DVD from the SAP Service Market Place:
- Direct link: SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.50 CORE
- Or manual navigation to download:
- Types of Software
- Installation & Upgrades
- Access downloads
- By Category
- SAP Frontend Components
- SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS
- SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.50 CORE
3 - (Re)installation steps:
- uninstall the Frontend and SAP GUI
Windows > Start > Control Panel > Program and Features > remove
- SAP Business Explorer
- SAP GUI for Windows 7.x
- SAP BW Preclaculation Service (only on Precalculation Server)
- make sure that these folders are deleted:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business Explorer\BI
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business Explorer\BI_Prec (only on Precalculation Server)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW
- restart the PC
- start the Front-End Installer from Frontend-DVD:
- Extract the SAPGUI 750 Core Frontend-DVD ZIP file.
- Run: ...\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.50_Comp._2_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\SetupAll.exe
- select/install ...
[x] SAP GUI for Windows 7.50 (Compilation 2)
[x] Business Explorer
- start the latest SAP GUI patch installer
- start the latest SAP BI Addon patch installer
- only for Precalculation Server: install SAP BW Precalculation Service
- Run: ...\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.50_Comp._2_\PRES1\BI_PreCalServer\SetupAll.exe
- select/install ...
[x] SAP BW Precalculation Service
- only for Precalculation Server: start the latest SAP BW Precalculation patch installer
4 - Installation check:
After installation please check the installation according to wiki page BEx Front-End Installation Check.
Link to this page: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/AbGyGw