This page describes a step-by-step installation of SAP GUI 770 and the BEx Frontend inlcuding the BEx Applications and the Precalculation Server.
1 - Software & Hardware Requirements
- 2950220 - BI 7.x tools in 770 - General Information & Limitations
- 2950276 - BI 7.x tools in 770 DVD1 - Contents & Versions
- 1995532 - BI 7.x tools - HW\SW requirements and Compatibility of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Products
- 3040909 - Business Explorer Patches for SAPGUI 7.70
- 3015197 - BW 7.x precalculation service SP01 - GUI 7.70
Supported operating systems and Office versions
- 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 10 / 11 / Server 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019
- ONLY 32 bit versions of Microsoft Excel 2016 / 2019 / Office 365 Semi-annual Enterprise Channel
It is strongly recommended to use the latest patches of SAP GUI and the BEx Frontend, here is why:
2 - Downloading the installation files:
- Download the SAP GUI 7.70 Compilation 1 Presentation 1 from the SAP Service Market Place:
- Direct link: SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.70 CORE
- Or manual navigation to download:
- Types of Software
- Installation & Upgrades
- Access downloads
- By Category
- SAP Frontend Components
- SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS
- SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.70 CORE
3 - (Re)installation steps:
- uninstall the Frontend and SAP GUI
Windows > Start > Control Panel > Program and Features > Uninstall the following
- SAP BW Preclaculation Service (only on Precalculation Server)
- SAP Business Explorer
- SAP GUI for Windows
- make sure that these folders are deleted:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business Explorer\BI
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business Explorer\BI_Prec (only on Precalculation Server)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW
- restart the operation system
- start the SAPGUI base Installation:
- Extract the SAPGUI 770 Compilation ZIP file: 50152942_2.zip
- Run: ...\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.70_Comp._1_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\SetupAll.exe
- select/install ...
[x] SAP GUI for Windows 7.70 (Compilation 1)
[x] Business Explorer
- start the latest SAP GUI patch installer: GUI770_(...)exe
- start the latest SAP BI Addon patch installer: BIADDON770SP(...)exe
- only for Precalculation Server: start the latest SAP BW Precalculation service patch installer: BIPRECAL770SP(...)exe
4 - Installation check:
After installation we recommend checking the installation according to BEx Front-End Installation Check.
Link to this page: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/jYibIg
There is a suspicions bug in current patch for BI Addon(SP02) which may cause critical termination when opening any query in Analyzer. If the problem happens, it might be help to reinstall the BEx in SP00 or SP01 level.
Hi Allen, would you please remove "BExAnalyzer.xla" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SAP Shared\BW", and "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business Explorer\BI" and install BI AddOn SP02 again?
Please skip BI AddOn SP01 as it might bring old certificate into the device.
Thank you for the advice. May try it later.....I think it won't be a solution except in the case we must use SP02
We have the same problem with BI Addon SP02. BExAnalyzer crashes when opening any query. We removed Business Explorer as mentioned above and reinstalled it but the problem remains.
Before new fix is available, stay in SP01