Step 1: Check the APD in transaction RSANWB
- To analyse an issue with APD, in most cases, it is not necessary to execute the Analysis Process. For example, if there are issue with a Query node, it is enough to just choose 'Display Data' for this node and then go ahead with the debugging/analysis.
Step 2: Analyze the Bex query in RSRT
- find out what query is involved
- what settings are chosen for this query
- dumps or system errors might be replicated in transaction RSRT
Step 3: Is the query executeable in transaction RSCRM_BAPI? IS the data issue visible in RSCRM_BAPI?
- One of the first steps which you have to verify is, whether the embedded query(if there is one in the apd), is executeable or is displaying the same values as within the apd. If transaction RSCRM_BAPI is displaying the same "wrong" result or the same dump/error message is happening, the analysis can be continued in RSCRM_BAPI instead.
- Check wether the query makes use of any features listed in the restrictions list: see note 605208 RSCRM - Restrictions
- The SAP application component is BW-EI-RTR.
Step 4: Check wether the issue is related to the MDX layer
- in transaction RSCRM_BAPI select from Menu - 'Query' - Display MDX statement
- copy this MDX statement and check it in transaction MDXTEST
- Check wether the query makes use of any features listed in the restrictions list:
- The SAP application component is BW-BEX-OT-MDX