It is possible to restrict the input help in the variable screen according to different criteria by using the Business Add-In (BAdI) RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT_BADI. In transaction SE18, enhancement spot RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT, you can find a documentation (button 'BDAI Documentation'). Click here to get it displayed. There is also the class CL_RSR_VAR_F4_RESTRICT_EXAMPLE where you can find some simple sample code.
There are 3 methods:
- IF_RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT~GET_RESTRICTION_FLAT - to restrict F4 help for value variables
- IF_RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT~GET_RESTRICTION_NODE - to restrict F4 help for ´hierarchy node variables
- IF_RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT~GET_RESTRICTION_HIER - to restrict F4 help for hierarchy variables
If the characteristic is defined with a conversion routine, the restriction defined in F4 BADI should use internal format values.
- Dynamic Hierarchy Selection during Query Execution
- Change F4 Mode
- 1416952 - F4 BAdi
3253170 - HCPR with fields without associations: Deactivating the value help
- 2062756 - F4 BADI (for hierarchy node variables) After note 2233060, you will get a better documentation in SE18 for GET_RESTRICTION_NODE.
- 2169597 - BICS : Reducing F4 BADI Calls
- 2742363 - Performance Optimization: Access to hierarchy directory