The purpose of this page is to give an overview about function modules used by ODP API 1.0 and 2.0
Function Modules used by ODP API 1.0 (start with RODPS_REPL_SOURCE...)
- The ODP Data Replication API 1.0 is used for the internal connection of SAP BusinessObjects Data Services to application extractors. This interface is delivered with an SAP NetWeaver Support Package whose specific level depends on the release.
More information: 1521883 - ODP Data Replication API 1.0.
Although note suggests install at least e.g. PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 Support Package 14, it's strongly recommended to install the latest Support package level. In case of the old support package level e.g. PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 SP14, you still have a 10 years old software level. And for ODP-functionality it was more or less a BETA-version which still contains many bugs and missing functionality, which were corrected in newer patches. Using ODP with e.g. SP14 won't make the end-users happy.
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_CLOSE – close the pointer to 'confirm' the status. Note 2190229 - ODP: Confirmation of Composite request (SODQ313)
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_FETCH_COLUMN – get the definition of fields
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_FETCH_XML – often used during DTP debug: Enter '/h' -> click 'Simulation' → the set BP at all statement 'rfc' → F8 till 'RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_FETCH_XML' is called
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCES_GET_LIST – get all available ODP extractors
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_GET_DETAIL – get fields of ODP data source
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_GET_SUBSCR - get subscription
- RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_RESET – remove inconsistency from RODPS_REPL_SUBSC. Note 2437185 - RODPS_REPL_SUBSC entry is not deleted
Logic: everything which starts with RODPS_REPL_SOURCE* belongs to ODP API 1.0
Regarding limitation of ODP API 1.0, please click here.
Function Modules used by ODP API 2.0 (start with RODPS_REPL_ODP...)
The ODP Data Replication API 2.0 is used for the internal connection of SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.2 and SAP Business Warehouse 7.3 to different data provider types like DataSources/Extractors, SAP LT Replications, HANA Information Views, and InfoProviders of a SAP Business Warehouse 7.4. It is an functional enhancement to the first version of this interface released with SAP Note 1521883. But it does not deactivate or invalidate the first version of the interface which can still be used to connect SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.0. More information
More information: 1931427 - ODP Data Replication API 2.0
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_CLOSE – close the pointer to 'confirm' the status. Note 2190229 - ODP: Confirmation of Composite request (SODQ313)
- RODPS_REPL_CONTEXT_GET_LIST – find all available context types in the system
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_FETCH_XML – often used during DTP debug: Enter '/h' -> click 'Simulation' → the set BP at all statement 'rfc' → F8 till 'RODPS_REPL_SOURCE_FETCH_XML' is called
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_GET_DETAIL – get fields of ODP data source
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_GET_SUBSCR – get subscription
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_MD_GET_ALL – is called during datasource replication and will then call FM RODPS_REPL_ODP_GET_LIST
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_MD_TREE_GET – used to get the datasource tree during datasource replication and it's called by FM RSDS_ODP_MD_TREE_UPLOAD
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_OPEN – during DTP call: cl_rsds_access_odp=>rodps_repl_odp_open → then jump to source to call this function
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_READ_DIRECT – is called during direct access
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_READ_DIRECT_XML – is called during direct access, e.g. LISTCUBE ; HANA Information View & CDS extraction without ODQ ; SLT extraction ;
- RODPS_REPL_ODP_RESET – remove inconsistency from RODPS_REPL_SUBSC. Note 2437185 - RODPS_REPL_SUBSC entry is not deleted
Logic: everything which starts with RODPS_REPL_ODP* belongs to ODP API 2.0
Usage of functions
se37 → RODPS_REPL_ODP_GET_LIST →
I_CONTEXT BW ← get all ODPs which belong to BW context