Support for Application Components: BW-BEX-OT-BICS-INA or BW4-AE-API-INA
The INA protocol is an internal protocol used by SAP products to retrieve data from (embedded) BW or HANA databases. There is no public documentation for this SAP internal protocol.
Supporting the uses cases with INA protocol follow the SAP note:
2298764 - Reproducing and tracing a sequence of BICS InA requests
The transactions and tools used in the SAP note are described here in more detail.
See SAP Community Wiki: What is Fiddler?
Or follow KBA 2385888 - How to collect HTTP(s) trace for Analysis using Fiddler
Transaction RSBITT can for example be used to simulate JSON requests contained in the Fiddler traces or extract the sequence steps from RSTT traces. The analysis can then be performed in the backend layer.
See SAP Community Wiki: Transaction RSBITT
The RSTT trace is used in BW to simulate interactions where several calls and communication are used.
See SAP Community Wiki: Transaction RSTT.
The RSRT transaction is the BW query monitor and should be used to simulate query executions and perform simple backend checks if a BEx query is working as expected.
See SAP Community Wiki: Transaction RSRT.
INA Protocol used by:
Design Studio Fiori Application
- Prerequisite configuration SAP Notes:
- 2356997 – “Configuration steps for Design Studio in Distributed S/4HANA Environments with a Remote Gateway Server with UI5 1.44 or newer
- Sample Error Analysis
- Learn about SAC:
- Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud Support Matrix for Live Connectivity to SAP NetWeaver BW (See what SAP NetWeaver BW query functionality is compatible with SAP Analytics Cloud.)
- Prerequisite SAP notes (to be implemented):
- Topics and Examples for SAC BW Live Connection
Other components involved:
CA-GTF-VDM-BOC S/4 - SAC Integration
BC-SRV-APS-COM Maintain Communication System and Arrangement