Query based on a HCPR which contains a SPO
- 0calyear = 2014
- 0calyear = 2015
- 0calyear = 2016
The HCPR is based on the SPO and one Infocube and one DSO:
In the Query there is a restriction(soft filter, see Filter Values) regarding 0calyear which can be used for pruning
We run this query in RSRT and use the debug function 'Multiprovider Explain' in oder to check the pruning
- DBMAN 157: 1 InfoProvider(s) excluded because of pruning (filter = DYN)
- DBMAN 155: InfoProvider STPE2302 excluded because of metadata restrictions
- DBMAN 155: InfoProvider STPE2303 excluded because of metadata restrictions
contain some interesting information:
- Two infoproviders were excluded, the names are STPE2302 and STPE2303
- A soft/dynamic restriction was used for pruning
The partproviders(partition) STPE2302 and STPE2303 contain data for the year 2015 and 2016. Since there is the global (and soft) filter 0calyear=2014 in the query, the partitions 2015 and 2016 needn't to be accessed.
In case you check the runtime statistics, you can see as well that certain providers weren't accessed at all. Since the query is based on a HCPR, it uses by default the Trex/Hana API to retrives the data from the data base. This means that the relvenat information can be found at the tab 'Aggregation Layer Cluster Info':
As expected, only the partition STPE2301 was read.