SAP Online Documentation
- Constant Selection
- Example: Constant Selection on a Compound Characteristic
- Using Constant Selection for MultiProviders (CS on 0INFOPROV)
SAP Consulting Notes
Important to know
- There is one major consulting note where this feature Constant Selection CS is explained in detail: SAP note 944815!
- Technically the query is split into two subqueries - one (Q_N) handles the structure elements without CS, the other one (Q_CS) the structure elements using the feature 'constant selection'. The query Q_N determines the grid spanned by the values of the drilled down characteristics, Q_CS does not have any impact on the grid. Hence structure elements with constant selection do not generate any additional objects in the drilldown! In other words, the characteristic values displayed (drilldown rows or columns) do not change if additional structure elements with constant selection are added. See the following simple Example I.
- There are sample queries like 0D_FC_AE_CNSTSEL_Q001 which can be found in the SAP Demo Content. The queries can be shown/activated in the transaction RSFC -> Click Analytical Engine -> Click Constant Selection (The information button provides you deeper knowledge on all key figures of this query).
- When a key figure with constant selection is part of a query result, the KIDSEL flag is ignored for all key figures without CS - it only has an effect on hidden key figures with CS. See Query Property: Use Selection of Structure Elements (also named KIDSEL) for further details.
- Impact of Constant Selection on Rows/Columns displayed in Query
- Constant Selection and Overall Result
- Simple Example with formula using constants and constant selection
- Example to Constant Selection for Structure Element (CSE)
- Constant Selection and disappearing values in the result set
- Constant Selection and Query with 2 Structures