SAP Online Documentation:
CAUTION: You will find no virtual time hierarchy definition in RSD1 - Hierachy Tab (RSH1). Instead the time hierarchy defintion is taken from the maintained fiscal year variants in SPRO and from the time interval maintained in RSRHIERARCHYVIRT.
- set the time interval time values will be generated for
- activate the time hierarchies to be used
- fiscal year variant maintenance
- calendar year or year dependent
- periods to be maintained for year dependent variants
Important to know
- For virtual time hierarchies the node 'Not assigned' (REST_H) is always set to suppressed. Thus, activating a virtual time hierarchy always works like a dynamic filter for all values contained in the virtual time hierarchy.
- Metadata and hierarchy information are buffered. In case of problems go to transaction RSRHIERARCHYVIRT and deactivate (double click) the hierarchy having a problem. Then save. Then reactivate (doubleclick) the hierarchy again. This will lead to recreation of the hierarchy buffer during the next query runtime where this query is used.
Sample: Activating Virtual Time Hierarchy
In this sample System the virtual time hierarchy for InfoObject 0FISCPER 0FYEAR_FPER_K4 has been activated in RSRHIERARCHYVIRT.
The time interval is set to 17.01.1990 - 13.06.2019 in RSRHIERARCHYVIRT.
The fiscal year variant K4 is set customized with 12 periods and 4 Special periods for the calendar year.
Now, for a sample InfoProvider you see the some sample data in 'flat'display without a hierarchy activated.
Some records to watch are highlighted. These records will disappear when the virtual time hierarchy is activated.
- records for fiscal year variant other then K4: all records for 0FISCVARNT=RW
- records for fiscal year/periods outside of the interval maintained in RSRHIERARCHYVIRT: 001.1980
- initial values are not part of the hierarchy: 000.2016 and 000.2017