QueryProvider or Query as InfoProvider (QPROV)
Usage, support and features of Query as InfoProvider are discussed
SAP Online Documentation
help.sap.com: Query as InfoProvider
SAP Consulting Notes at a glance:
Check out if you know all of them (once more available they will be added ):
- 1903468 Formulas in "Query as InfoProvider"
- 2084937 A Query Built on a Composite Provider/Multiprovider can't be Set as "Query as InfoProvider"
Find an overview of Bex features ignored or not supported by the QPROV implementation:
- SAP Online Documentation: Restrictions(BW75)
- Stock Coverage Key figures are not supported, see note 2572490
- If the provider contains an transient provider or an aggregation level as a partproivder, the query can't be set as "Query as InfoProvider". See note 2084937.
- Note, that if the query contains formulas with not clearly defined aggregation behavior(like a constant), an aggregation in the loading process(or later by a query defined on the target provider of the DTP) may lead to unexpected values. See note 1903468 and this example for further details.
To check if a specific query is suitable as QueryProvider you can run the report RSR_QPROV_CHECK in transaction SE38.
Analysis / Topics
Check out analysis options and several QPROV topics:
Search notes with key word: QPROV