Open ODS views enable you to define BW data models for objects like database tables. database views or BW DataSources (for direct access). These data models allow flexible integration without the need to create InfoObjects. This flexible type of data integration makes it possible to consume external data sources in BW without staging, combine data sources with BW models and physically integrate (load) external data sources by creating DataSources.
The following page contains additional information about this feature:
Open ODS views are available if the BW system is running on the SAP HANA database.
Open ODS views cannot be defined for hierarchies.
- 2157188 Activation of an Open ODS View terminates with Exception CX_RODPS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND
- 2104414 BW Open ODS View: Query Performance and alphanumeric conversion
- 2090327 When doing data preview on Open ODS View you get the error insufficient privilege
- 2036430 Open ODS View and HANA Optimized Query Execution
- 1989436 Open ODS View with Smart Data Access - Invalid Table Name during Query Execution