Starting with Netweaver 7.0 you need to use the new BEx Broadcaster 7.0 (see note 1935951).
Be in mind that BEx Broadcaster 3.x is no longer supported (see note 2044155 - BEx Broadcaster 3.x is not supported ).
1 - For using BEx Broadcaster please check following points:
- You must maintain a BI JAVA Enterprise Portal as your default portal, connected to Netweaver ABAP stack.
- You have to configure the integrations between ABAP and JAVA stacks.
- Ensure the template 0BROADCASTING_TEMPLATE is activated. If is not, see note 1922024 in order to activate this template.
- In Tx RSCUSTV27 maintain the field "Broadcasting" empty.
- The Authorization user mentioned in the broadcaster setting must be able to execute the BW-reporting objects AND export in corresponding format.
2 - SAP NetWeaver BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool
- Please execute the 'SAP NetWeaver BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool' to check and confirm a 'green result' the configuration of your system SAP NetWeaver BI installation.
- According note 1177154 a COMPLETE GREEN Diagnostic Tool is mandatory for a error-free broadcasting.
- If result shows RED items please correct it:
- The tool provides a solution for each of the red items.
- Please also read notes 937697 and the in note mentioned 'related/referenced notes' to get help for correcting the configuration.
- KBA 2113395 guides you with step by step descriptions to correct any red alert.
- You may need to involve your JAVA administrator to correctly configuration of the system.
- Still experience RED alerts, involve the BW-BEX-ET-WJR team to guide you to solve the case.
3 - How to start the new BEx Broadcaster 7.0:
- The BEx Broadcaster can be started in BI Java Portal or with any BEx tool.
- Please review Online Documentation: Calling BEx Broadcaster
- In Portal: After logon, navigate to "Business Intelligence", here you can find the BEx Broadcaster.
- In Tx RSRT: Execute the query using button 'JAVA Web'.
- This executes the query in JAVA WEB / WEB Analyzer.
- Press button 'Send' or use the context menu Option 'Broadcast and Export' to call the BEx Broadcasting Wizard.
- In case you cannot start BEx Broadcaster please review wikipage: Checklist for issues during creation and editing of Broadcaster-Setting to fix it.
Link to this page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/igMvG