SAP Support Guideline: BW-BEX-OT
Most problems reported in SAP incidents are not caused by an program error. They rather evolve from the complexity of the application and can often be solved by changing stettings or definitions. This page should help you to solve issues by your own or to faster get a solution from the support, respectivelly. It addresses the following points:
- Is the chosen component the right one?
- Which background information is important, what can be checked?
- List of common problems and FAQs.
- List of the most important coding corrections for this component.
- What does the SAP Support team need?
Please choose a more specific component if possible. On wiki page http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/dwC-Dg you can find lots of information to many topics in the area of OT. There you can also find the corresponding SAP component.
- In case a provider returns unexpected values in transaction LISTCUBE please choose one of the following components
- BW-BEX-OT-DBIF Interface to Database (DataManager)
- In case transaction LISTCUBE delivers correct results but the numbers in a query are unexpected, please choose component
- Further important sub components are
- BW-BEX-OT-NC Non cumulative key figures
- BW-BEX-OT-VC Virtual Cube (Remote Cube)
- BW-BEX-OT-RRI BW Query Jump Targets (RRI)
- BW-BEX-OT-MDX MDX,OLAP-BAPI,OLE DB for OLAP
- BW-BEX-OT-F4 MasterData read services
- BW-BEX-OT-AGGR Aggregates (Definition and Filling)
- BW-BEX-OT-BIA BW Accelerator
- BW-BEX-OT-CCH OLAP Cache
- In case a query is affected please note the following
- OT WIKI page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/dwC-Dg
- If you get a dump with application component as BW-BEX-OT, please check whether note 2040008 is relevant.
- 1949273 Important SAP Notes for SAP BW 7.40, powered by SAP HANA
- 2056106 InfoObject 0IOBJNM not active after installation of NW 7.40 SR2 or BW 7.40 SP08
The following notes contain the most important BW corrections you should implement after upgarde to the support packages 9 or 10, respectively:
In addition we recommend to check the points given below:
- To setup Embedded Analytics in S4HANA: Note 2289865: Configuration steps for S/4 HANA Analytics. Some tips in: BW Configuration Steps for Embedded Analytics
- The RSCHAVL change in 7.4 SPS2 (Note 1823174 - BW 7.4 changes and customer-specific programs) requires BI_CONT update to compatible SP (see Note 1853775 - Errors when using BI Content 7.47 SP04 on SAP BW 7.40 SP02), read more in Tips for Note 1823174
- 2074801 Dumps and Issues with special InfoObjects like 0FISCYEAR, 0CALMONTH... (After upgrade to 740, always check and make sure all time characteristics are activated exactly as content version. Important!)
In case you need to open a SAP incident and the issue affects a query, please create a simple sample query and provide the information listed in note 1904869.