SAP BW 7.x & above.
The default value for the number of result set for WAD is half million (500000) cells. If a report is run and if the requested data is above this half million default limit, an error is shown with mention of safety belt being reached.SAP comes equiipped with a utility to tune this.
The default value for the number of result set for WAD is half million (500000) cells.
As we all know requirements are requirements and there may be a requirement which might call for enhaced number of cells. If a report is run and if the requested data is above this half million default limit, an error is shown with mention of safety belt being reached.
SAP comes equiipped with a utility to tune this.
We will discuss the same further.
Here how we do it...
SAP report SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN can be used for the same. This program INSERTS/UPDATES and DELETES *entries from *RSADMIN table (Data import administration settings).
SE38-> Report: SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN [profile:Execute\F8]
The screen shows following Text Boxes and Radio Button options:
I. Text Boxes:
1. OBJECT: In this box parameters are entered. The two relevant parameters for the same are :
○ BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF : This parameter is used to set the size restrictions.
○ BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX : This parameter is used to set the maximum size of result set returned by the BI system.
2. VALUE : In this value numeric values are entered.
II. Radio Buttons:
1. INSERT : When this is selected new values are inserted in the RSADMIN against respected OBJECTS. If an OBJECT is already present this will not work and will return an error:
INSERT failed because a record already exists
It will also display the Old Settings on the same screen.
2. UPDATE : This is selected to Update new values in the RSADMIN table against the OBJECT mentioned in the OBJECT text box.
3. DELETE : This is selected to delete an OBJECT entry from the RSADMIN table.
A. To Change the Default size
To change the default ize from half million to a new value, say 1 million we need to use the OBJECT parameter BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF and then put the new vaue i.e. 1 million in the Value Text box.
i) The OBJECT BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF is already part of the RSADMIN table then select UPDATE radio button and update it's corresonding value.
ii) This is not already present in the table use INSERT radio button.
To change it next tim to a new value you need to use UPDATE radio button.
B. To set the maximum size of result set returned by the BI system.
Use the OBJECT parameter BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX and put the value in the VALUE text box. Here also you can use INSERT or UPDATE depending upon the initial presence of the OBJECT entry in RSADMIN table and can use DELETE to delete it from RSADMIN table.