- In CDS, short, medium or long text is modeled like this: If there is a text field with length <= 20, it is mapped to TXTSH, With length between 21 and 40 it is mapped to TXTMD and the other to TXTLG. By default, the shortest text is displayed.
- The time independent text CDS view should contain unique values. That is, there is no multiple text records for the same master data value.
- The time dependent text CDS view should contain unique value for any given time spot. That is, there is no multiple text records for the same master data value for any given time.
If point 2 or 3 are broken, the following may be observed:
- A query build on CDS model may get unexpected key figure multiplication when drill down some attribute text. The reason is similar to the effects explained in Ambiguous Join. Unique text is a fundamental pre-requisite for CDS modeling.
- In the query result output, one of the text record is shown as the text, which may not be the one as expected.
- Very simple inline text in a CDS view: using @Semantics.text: true and @ObjectModel.text.element
- Language Dependent / Time Dependent Text in CDS
- Cube with association to DIMENSION and TEXT
- Defining and Translating Texts: Example
- Naming conventions of the technical names and descriptions of the fields in a CDS Provider: CDS: Technical Names and Descritions of Fields
- Text for Attributes