Product versions: BI4.0 and netweaver 7.0.x
This article is finished, don't hesitate to put comments.
This BOpedia page is provided by the RIG team. Don't hesitate to put comments.
Main Contributors : Martha L, Patrice L, Anthony L, David F G
With the help of Ferry L
Link to the main SP page Introduction, Chapter A : BI4.0 Integration into the SAP Enterprise Portal 7.x
Chapter B : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects Document List template into EP 7.0.x
Chapter C : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template into EP 7.0.x
Chapter D : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects KM Template into EP 7.0.x
Webinar link and QA : Webinar was done on May 25th (link below)
DATE: Wednesday, 25 May 2011
START TIME: 8:00 a.m. PT, 10:00 a.m. CT, 11:00 a.m. ET, 5:00 p.m. CET
Appendix : Chapter H, I, J, K, L, M : Appendix of the BOEXI3.1 Integration into the SAP EP
A. Create the SAP BusinessObjects Document list or Viewer template
A.1) Pre-requisite - Upload (Importing new BusinessObjects Enterprise Document List Template and Document Viewer Template )
The NEW iView navigation and NEW iview template that comes with BI 4.0 is a portal archive file that needs to be uploaded to EP. The portal NEW iView navigation and NEW iview template delivers a BusinessObjects Enterprise focused iView that allows the content administrator to easily create new content derived from the BusinessObjects Enterprise system.
The default installation includes 2 NEW iViews : SAP BusinessObjects Document List Template and SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template. Let's talk first about SAP BusinessObjects Document List Template
SAP BusinessObjects Document List Template
The document list iView will provide users with many of the same features BI launch pad provides. Users can navigate to all reports they have permissions to view, view personal folders, and browse categories. They can also edit reports, schedule report refreshes or manually refresh reports, search BI content, and set user preferences (if they have appropriate permissions).
To upload the iView template:
1. Log onto the SAP Enterprise Portal.
2. Navigate to System Administration > Support .
3. Click Portal Runtime .
4. Click Administration Console .
5. Click Browse next to the Archive Uploader.
The master iView is installed by default in the following folder:
<Install Dir>/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI4.0/warfiles/portlet/iviews
The filename is com.sap.businessobjects.iviews.par
6. Select the file.
7. Click Upload .
After the successful upload, 2 new iViews are available.
Uploading the com.sap.businessobjects.iviews.par adds the "SAP BusinessObjects Document List Template" and "SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template" into the list of templates available for creating a new iView from a template. You will see how to use them in the following step.
A.2) Create a System Landscape folder
Optional step if you already have a folder
You must have a system landscape in order to specify the details of the BI4 Web Application server that will process the iView Template to host the report and to specify the BW system (logical system name of SAP ABAP system) to be used to validate the logon token generated by EP when the user logs on, so the user can SSO from EP to CMS to BW and view the report.
To create the portal system landscape :
1. Logon to the Portal.
2. Navigate to System Administration > System Configuration.
3. Click System Landscape.
4. Expand the Portal Content folder.
5. Right-click the Portal Content folder and Select New > Folder.
Enter a Folder Name and Folder ID, click Finish, and click OK to close the Folder wizard.
The folder name is the display name that appears in the Portal Content, the Folder ID is a unique identifier for the folder.
6.Click : Close the wizard
7.Right click the folder (in our case _Demo_SDN_System_Landscape)
A.3) Define a System Landscape and Create an Alias
1. Select New > System (from template or PAR). When you create an Iview from PAR, all settings are blank. A template is based on PAR with predefine settings. In our case we have selected from Template.
2. In the System Wizard, select the option "SAP BusinessObjects System Template".
3. Click Next.
4. Enter System Name, System ID (optionally you can add a System ID Prefix) and click Next.
5. Click Finish.
6. Make sure Open the object for editing is selected and click OK.
7. From the Property Category list select SAP BusinessObjects.
8. Specify the information regarding the BI4 system that hosts the report and the Web App Server that should be used to redirect the BOE iView requests. Enter the fully qualified domain name of the BI4 Web Application Server including the port. For example BI4.domain.com:8080/BOE/
If you don't specify a fully qualified name for BI4 App Server, EP may assume that not all the machines are on the same DSN domain, resulting in the following error when trying to view the report through the BOE iView "Session Manager will not work§ Please check DSM log for details"
If you get this message, the SSO does not work and you will be prompted for your user ID and password.
9. From the Property Category list choose User Management. Your selections determine authentication method to use.
- For Authentication Ticket Type, select SAP Logon Ticket and
- for Logon Method, select SAPLOGONTICKET
10. From the Property Category list select Connector. Your selections determine the SAP ABAP system that will be validating the users. This is the system that you have defined previously as an entitlement system in CMC.
- Configure values Logical System Name, Message Server, SAP client and SAP System ID (SID) to match the ABAP entitlement system
- Ensure that you have selected the System Type: SAP_BW
As mentioned above, the values correspond to the SAP ABAP system configured as an entitlement system in CMC. (See 1) Pre-requisite : SAP Authentication above.)
Make sure that you specify the Message Server as fully qualified names. This is mandatory for the SSO authentication.
11. Click Save.
12. Now you have to create a System Alias for this System Landscape. This is the alias name you will reference when creating the iViews.
From the Display dropdown, select the System Aliases option.
In the Alias Name field, enter the desired name (for example BI4_System_Alias) and click the Add button.
13. Close the System Alias you just created.
A.4) Check the SSO of your System Landscape
1. Right click on the created System, select Open, Connection Tests and Click on Test.
If the test connection is passed, your SSO between your Netweaver Portal and BW is working correctly.
A.5) Creating SAP BusinessObjects EnterpriseDocument List Template iViews
Now that you have done all configuration steps, you are ready to create an iView using the BOE iView template.
1. In the SAP Enterprise Portal navigate to Content Administration > Portal Content.
2. Open the folder Portal Content.
3. Navigate to the folder you created when creating the System Landscape; in our case : Demo_SDN_System_Landscape.
4. Right click the folder and select New > iView. In the New iView template wizard select iView template and click Next.
5. In Template Selection, select the SAP BusinessObjects Document List template option and click Next
6. Specify an iView Name and iView id and click Next. The iView name is the display name that appears in the Portal Catalog. The iView ID is a unique identifier registered in the Portal Content Directory; this ID appears within the portal administrator environment.
7. Select the SAP system alias (this is the alias specified when creating the System Landscape; in our case : BI4_System_Alias_SDN.
9.At this time, your Document List iview is configured and you can preview it.
B. Creating Roles in SAP EP Portal and assigned them to Portal Users
This step hasn't changed, so please follow this link :
C. Add this iView to your Role
1. Open the folder we created on Section A.2 (Create a System Landscape folder) under Content Administration/Portal Content/
2. Open the Role you created on Section above B (Creating Roles in SAP EP Portal and assigned them to Portal Users)
3. Right click on the iView you just created and select*"Add iView to Role/Delta link"*
D. Log into your Netweaver portal
As the SSO is enabled you are not prompted to enter into BI4.0, you enter with your Enterprise Portal Netweaver Credentials.
You can navigate in your BI4.0 repository, see Inboxes (New in BI4.0) , Favorites folder (New in BI4.0) and of course Public Folders (as in XI3.1)
You can open all type of documents, even BI workspace (new in BI4.0).